Brennan Stanley ruled eligible at Walton Verona.

Page 3 of Top contender for 8th Region title now? Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 52 comments | 4416 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,800

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Then why post and bring it up?
    Just letting everyone know it was much more than just a basketball transfer.

    Believe what you want. But your opinion, if it is that this was solely basketball related, does not equal my knowledge of the facts of the situation.

    This will be my last post in this thread.

    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I believe Stanleys dad is coaching at Walton also.
    Coaching what? Because I am 100% positive it is not boys basketball at the high school...

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    87

    AAU basketball has hurt HS basketball. Too many kids transfer these days.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    27

    Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    44

    WV was already a solid contender with Clinkerbread and Miles in the middle. I wouldn't call it a shoe in with a traditionally deep region though.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    87

    How much better would Kentucky HS basketball be if players would stay in their hometowns and play for their original school?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    44

    These kids grow up in an era where they see their favorite NBA players jumping teams yearly to create Mega Teams. It's hard for me not to believe this mentality rubs off when the ultimate KY HS basketball players goal is to play at Rupp in the Sweet 16.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by LethalPG View Post
    These kids grow up in an era where they see their favorite NBA players jumping teams yearly to create Mega Teams. It's hard for me not to believe this mentality rubs off when the ultimate KY HS basketball players goal is to play at Rupp in the Sweet 16.
    Anymore, it's hard to get to Rupp without a transfer.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".
    So you know for sure it was clearly a basketball move??

  10. #40
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,434

    I'm looking forward to seeing Walton play this season (which I'll never say again). It'll be interesting to see how Coach Brannen and Brennan adjust to each other's game, and how many posters swap the e's and a's in their names.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    south of the river
    Posts
    333

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".
    WV was full of transfers in in the past. They get more than their fair share. But, why wouldn't they. The location is ideal. They pick up kids from Grant, Boone, Ryle, Connor and Kenton. They have had kids from Gallatin and Williamstown. WV offers a kid a chance to be a big fish in a small pond, academics are great, and you are almost in Florence. There football team is full of move ins. I'm not complaining or calling them out, they have a lot to offer.

  12. #42
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete4 View Post
    How much better would Kentucky HS basketball be if players would stay in their hometowns and play for their original school?
    Kids should go where they want and what is best for them, not what is best for their "hometown".

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    Kids should go where they want and what is best for them, not what is best for their "hometown".
    I would agree with this statement if it were AAU and college basketball, but not high school. If every teenager went and played for whatever high school they wanted to play for then the KHSAA would be a huge mess!

  14. #44
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete4 View Post
    I would agree with this statement if it were AAU and college basketball, but not high school. If every teenager went and played for whatever high school they wanted to play for then the KHSAA would be a huge mess!
    I will tell you why they should; because they are teenagers ranging from 14-18 and they get this chance one time in their lifetime.

    The KHSAA has been losing the battle on transfers as most if not all get turned over in court. I suspect before too long that transfer rules will be gone completely.

  15. #45
    blue4sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Location
    WILDCAT COUNTRY
    Posts
    41

    It's my understanding that the entire family has moved to Walton and all four of their children are in school there. Clearly not an issue for KHSAA on this one.

Top