Page 2 of Sounds like he's staying at Dixie. http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130327/SPT0302/303270129... 141 comments | 10460 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #21
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    The risk you run at Prep is that their roster isn't finished for next season. And depending on how much a spot up shooter is necessary would determine his time on the floor. But the competition every day is where a player gets better. Those guys are pretty darn outstanding on that roster.
    What roster. The PREP that is being mentiioned here..... This is a prep school? Located where? I dont understand the whole PREP discussion. Where are these prep schools, who do they play?, Please explain.
    Thanks
    Advertisement

  2. #22
    Premium Member spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Limit on the last day,,perfect.
    Posts
    40,659
    Huntington Prep made contact with him about possibly being a spot up shooter. You can look at their schedule online.

  3. #23
    Premium Member Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan1230 View Post
    I talked to him, Cooper and Holmes were never even a consideration. Still debating o. prep though. It is an offer he almost can't refuse.
    I've talked to him as well. If he stays he WILL remain at Dixie and if not, Prep school is the direction he's headed. Dixie will struggle next year and this may be the best opportunity for him to increase his stock. All this could be solved if Mack would go ahead and extend him an offer. Either way he should do what's best for him.

    I don't put much stock in the article as it way too early and things can change in a blink of an eye. I'm sure Chevy believes this to be the case today but I am glad he would be supportive if he decided to leave.
    Sports Fan1230 likes this.

  4. #24
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post
    I've talked to him as well. If he stays he WILL remain at Dixie and if not, Prep school is the direction he's headed. Dixie will struggle next year and this may be the best opportunity for him to increase his stock. All this could be solved if Mack would go ahead and extend him an offer. Either way he should do what's best for him.

    I don't put much stock in the article as it way too early and things can change in a blink of an eye. I'm sure Chevy believes this to be the case today but I am glad he would be supportive if he decided to leave.
    Unless something changes (and I'm not sure what that would be) I do not see an offer coming from X.

  5. #25
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    186
    Has anyone from around here ever gone to a Prep school?
    So you have to be invited to be on the team?
    Does it cost an arm and a leg to play for them.
    Seems you loose that high school experience of playing local teams in front of local fans.
    I didn't realize he was this good.

  6. #26
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    1,041
    You know all the rumors now don't ya? You don't know the relationship between Xavier and Brandon. Until today I have never heard of him going to Holmes or Cooper. Your facts just don't seem to line up right. Not sure what to think....

  7. #27
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by wa wa View Post
    Has anyone from around here ever gone to a Prep school?
    So you have to be invited to be on the team?
    Does it cost an arm and a leg to play for them.
    Seems you loose that high school experience of playing local teams in front of local fans.
    I didn't realize he was this good.
    He was invited and I am not 100 percent sure but I think they are offering him some kind of tuition deduction.

  8. #28
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan1230 View Post
    You know all the rumors now don't ya? You don't know the relationship between Xavier and Brandon. Until today I have never heard of him going to Holmes or Cooper. Your facts just don't seem to line up right. Not sure what to think....
    Trust me on this one, chief. I know exactly what the relationship and history is.

    It could change. Maybe this summer something clicks for both sides.

  9. #29
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan1230 View Post
    You know all the rumors now don't ya? You don't know the relationship between Xavier and Brandon. Until today I have never heard of him going to Holmes or Cooper. Your facts just don't seem to line up right. Not sure what to think....
    For the record (and since you seem on the young and excitable side):

    I never once said he was going to Cooper or Holmes. I reported the rumors.
    I am a big fan of the kid. If X is his goal I wish he could achieve it. I'd love it since I root for X. They only have so many spots and I simply don't see him getting one of them. I still say the likely landing spot is Winthrop.
    Big Fundamental likes this.

  10. #30
    Premium Member Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    For the record (and since you seem on the young and excitable side):

    I never once said he was going to Cooper or Holmes. I reported the rumors.
    I am a big fan of the kid. If X is his goal I wish he could achieve it. I'd love it since I root for X. They only have so many spots and I simply don't see him getting one of them. I still say the likely landing spot is Winthrop.
    I agree with you Clyde on X only having so many spots but they do have 6 Jrs. on the roster this year and there has been alot of talk over the years so everyone knows there's interest but you're correct it may be a longshot. I was in Vegas last summer when BH got hurt and it was just before Mack arrived to see him and DR play so I wished he could have seen him play out there. Hopefully he has a great (and healthy) summer circuit.
    Big Fundamental likes this.

  11. #31
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post
    I agree with you Clyde on X only having so many spots but they do have 6 Jrs. on the roster this year and there has been alot of talk over the years so everyone knows there's interest but you're correct it may be a longshot. I was in Vegas last summer when BH got hurt and it was just before Mack arrived to see him and DR play so I wished he could have seen him play out there. Hopefully he has a great (and healthy) summer circuit.
    I'd love to see it.

  12. #32
    Premium Member Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Disagree.

    THIS summer will determine if BH gets better offers than he has received thus far. It doesn't matter where he is in the winter.
    I agree with you but it will only matter where he plays this winter if he wants to get back to the state tournament or not. Stay at Dixie and he has no chance to get there.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    danville,ky
    Posts
    313
    What prep school wants him?? I haven't seen him in person but I've heard he is a very good shooter. Is he a shooter or is he a scorer.there's a very big difference

  14. #34
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by BC23 View Post
    What prep school wants him?? I haven't seen him in person but I've heard he is a very good shooter. Is he a shooter or is he a scorer.there's a very big difference
    He is both. Plus his basketball IQ is extremely high.
    PurplePride92 likes this.

  15. #35
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    He is both. Plus his basketball IQ is extremely high.
    Correct. All of the intangibles you're looking for as well.

    Only question mark that is preventing higher offers is foot speed/quickness. I give BH full credit as he has worked on that particular issue.

  16. #36
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Correct. All of the intangibles you're looking for as well.

    Only question mark that is preventing higher offers is foot speed/quickness. I give BH full credit as he has worked on that particular issue.
    His height has been questioned as well, but I was watching him throw a few down last weekend with relative ease. He has very good hops.

  17. #37
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    66,188
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    His height has been questioned as well, but I was watching him throw a few down last weekend with relative ease. He has very good hops.
    I can tell you that his height hasn't been that big of a concern. Look at Tu Holloway - 6'0. Mark Lyons 6'0.

  18. #38
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I can tell you that his height hasn't been that big of a concern. Look at Tu Holloway - 6'0. Mark Lyons 6'0.
    When you compare him to those 2 the quickness could be an issue. His strength is another strength.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    I agree with you but it will only matter where he plays this winter if he wants to get back to the state tournament or not. Stay at Dixie and he has no chance to get there.
    Why the Dixie bashing??? They have some good young sophomores. That class includes length, strength, and athleticism. Not to mention (after this past season), experience at the varsity level. They'll all be a little bigger, and little stronger, and hopefully a little more well schooled (depending on their summer activities). Dixie has a chance to be pretty good.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    426
    Brandon appears to be very strong, and has really nice body control as well.