Bracketology - 2018 Boys Sweet Sixteen®

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Bracketology - 2018 Boys Sweet Sixteen®

    Here's a look at a way too early bracket projection after the draw today:

    (13)S. Laurel v. (14)Knott Co. Central
    (11)Scott Co. v. (7) Trinity
    (12)Mercer Co. v. (4)Warren Central
    (15)Pikeville v. (5)John Hardin

    (2)Christian Co. v. (10)George Rogers Clark
    (8)Collins) v. (1)McCracken County
    (3)Owensboro v. (9)Covington Catholic
    (6)Fern Creek v. (16)Ashland
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Elite 8
    S. Laurel v. Trinity
    Warren Central v. John Harden
    GRC v. Collins
    Cov Cath v. Fern Creek

    Final 4
    Trinity v. John Harden
    GRC v. Cov Cath

    Championship
    Trinity v. Cov Cath

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    403

    11th vs 7th will be a good matchup. Unfortunately for the 7th I don’t think they can handle Scott County

  4. #4
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,257

    Name:  boystatebracket2018-page-001.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  397.1 KB

  5. #5
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,689

    (13) South Laurel vs. (14) Knott Central County
    (11) Scott County vs. (7) Trinity
    (12) Pulaski County vs. (4) Warren Central
    (15) Pike County Central vs. (5) John Hardin

    (2) Christian County vs. (10) George Rogers Clark
    (8) Oldham County vs. (1) Mayfield
    (3) Owensboro vs. (9) Covington Catholic
    (6) Fern Creek vs. (16) Ashland
    _________________________________

    South Laurel vs. Scott County
    Pulaski County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Oldham County
    Covington Catholic vs. Fern Creek
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County

  6. #6
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,257

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    (13) South Laurel vs. (14) Knott Central County
    (11) Scott County vs. (7) Trinity
    (12) Pulaski County vs. (4) Warren Central
    (15) Pike County Central vs. (5) John Hardin

    (2) Christian County vs. (10) George Rogers Clark
    (8) Oldham County vs. (1) Mayfield
    (3) Owensboro vs. (9) Covington Catholic
    (6) Fern Creek vs. (16) Ashland
    _________________________________

    South Laurel vs. Scott County
    Pulaski County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Oldham County
    Covington Catholic vs. Fern Creek
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County
    Basically how I see it...although I'm hoping to see a different school name down at the bottom there.

  7. #7
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,118

    Did they say when the first round game times would be announced?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    78

    Respectfully, I could not disagree more. Trinity is stacked with D1 talent. They have 3 mid/high major players on their roster. They haven’t gelled like they are capable of, but Scott County doesn’t have anywhere close to the talent that Trinity does. Both of them have to make it out of their region, which is no guarantee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pky89 View Post
    11th vs 7th will be a good matchup. Unfortunately for the 7th I don’t think they can handle Scott County

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,686

    Quote Originally Posted by Pky89 View Post
    11th vs 7th will be a good matchup. Unfortunately for the 7th I don’t think they can handle Scott County
    Is this a typo?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    I think the Scott County v. Trinity would be the key game to the whole bracket. Trinity's loss on paper to Madison Central is puzzling but they were without one of their best players, Powell, out and on the road. I would take Trinity in the matchup.

  11. #11
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,768

    (13)Corbin v. (14)Knott County Central
    (11)Scott County v. (7) Trinity
    (12)Pulaski County v. (4)Warren Central
    (15)Shelby Valley v. (5)John Hardin

    (2)Christian County v. (10)George Rogers Clark
    (8)Oldham County v. (1)Paducah Tilghman
    (3)Owensboro v. (9)Covington Catholic
    (6)Fern Creek v. (16)Ashland

  12. #12
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Now watch Ballard spoil all the fun and win the 7th.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Now watch Ballard spoil all the fun and win the 7th.
    You nailed it. The way they play can win a tournament and spoil the fun.

  14. #14
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,009

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Now watch Ballard spoil all the fun and win the 7th.
    Scott Co has some tough teams to beat as well.

  15. #15
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,206

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    Elite 8
    S. Laurel v. Trinity
    Warren Central v. John Harden
    GRC v. Collins
    Cov Cath v. Fern Creek

    Final 4
    Trinity v. John Harden
    GRC v. Cov Cath

    Championship
    Trinity v. Cov Cath
    I love your final 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    (13) South Laurel vs. (14) Knott Central County
    (11) Scott County vs. (7) Trinity
    (12) Pulaski County vs. (4) Warren Central
    (15) Pike County Central vs. (5) John Hardin

    (2) Christian County vs. (10) George Rogers Clark
    (8) Oldham County vs. (1) Mayfield
    (3) Owensboro vs. (9) Covington Catholic
    (6) Fern Creek vs. (16) Ashland
    _________________________________

    South Laurel vs. Scott County
    Pulaski County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Oldham County
    Covington Catholic vs. Fern Creek
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. John Hardin
    Christian County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County vs. Covington Catholic
    _________________________________

    Scott County
    No faith is the 10 region winning their first game...shame on you.

Top