Bracken County's new coach: Jason Hinson

Page 4 of Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 If it was who cares? The Bracken program has been down hills for the last 5 years. Politics had a big part of that. F... 96 comments | 12564 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    I can agree to disagree and I'm good with that. I didn't come here for an argument or anything of the sort. I'm offering a different perspective and opinion. If some people don't agree or refuse to have an open mind that's OK. You won't hurt my feelings. At the end of the day, the sky isn't falling in Augusta and I see continued success and a bright season ahead; even if I believe some fine tuning is in order.

    Sorry for the double post, just something I wanted to say in my previous post.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    130

    I'm adding my 2 cents in this and it is this, the fact that you've dogged Austin Crawford is uncalled for and that if you are an Augusta fan (which I would hope you were not because I wouldn't think that someone acting like you have would be an Augusta fan), you are dogging a player who has worked his tail off from the day he got there.


    I'm not a fan of either school, but it is pretty sad that a so called "fan" would call out kids.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    I'm adding my 2 cents in this and it is this, the fact that you've dogged Austin Crawford is uncalled for and that if you are an Augusta fan (which I would hope you were not because I wouldn't think that someone acting like you have would be an Augusta fan), you are dogging a player who has worked his tail off from the day he got there.


    I'm not a fan of either school, but it is pretty sad that a so called "fan" would call out kids.
    I don't see where everyone is saying I have dogged Austin Crawford.

    As for the rest of your statements about me, say what you will that's your opinion. I may be the only Augusta fan to publicly voice the opinions I have but believe me in the fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way. That applies to Hinson as well as the way this team didn't seem to play together for most of the previous season. It was like they were in a battle amongst themselves to see who could score the most points.

    I have no problem standing alone in a public forum with these thoughts.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    213

    Austin Crawford is not only a great player on the court, but a great kid off of it. To say otherwise is pure stupidity. He will prosper and play at the next level somewhere, which only 3% of all high school players in the nation get to experience.

    As far as Conner Maddox, he's a gamer with a never say die attitude. Huge reason why Augusta was able to beat Mason Co in back to back years in district. He has a short term memory on the court and doesn't let one play define him.

    For anyone to question what these two young players (TEENAGERS) have accomplished shows the lack of in depth knowledge of the game of basketball.

    The 10th region has an abundance of talent year in and year out, and these two players have made a name for themselves with hard work and dedication.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    130

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    I don't see where everyone is saying I have dogged Austin Crawford.

    As for the rest of your statements about me, say what you will that's your opinion. I may be the only Augusta fan to publicly voice the opinions I have but believe me in the fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way. That applies to Hinson as well as the way this team didn't seem to play together for most of the previous season. It was like they were in a battle amongst themselves to see who could score the most points.

    I have no problem standing alone in a public forum with these thoughts.
    You also stand behind a moniker as well. I am sure the people in Augusta are shaking their heads right now about your posts. All you are doing is embarrassing the school and the people who run it.

    Sorry, but if you think you can do a better job, please apply, I am sure that your valuable insight into the program is what is needed then.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    270

    And the whole "he takes too many shots" is played out. Seems like every year some player has to take that complain. I think it just became fashionable to say that after the Kobe Bryant era. This past season Austin Crawford shot 134 threes and Connor Maddox shot 162 threes. I wanted to compare that to other quality shooting guards from the Maysville area, so I took a look.

    Dylan Hamilton - Bracken County 2010 - 289
    Troy Stewart - Fleming County 2014 - 226
    Ryan Woods - Bracken County 2011 - 194
    Brad Highfield - Robertson County 2015 - 187
    Cory Jodrey - St. Pat 2012 - 157
    Dalton Appleman - Augusta 2012 - 149
    Brent Bach - Augusta 2014 - 145
    Travis Taylor - Fleming County 2011 - 145
    Connor Osbourne - Mason County 2012 - 131
    Jordan Gilbert - Mason County 2011 - 131
    Ryan Johnson - Mason County 2015 - 129
    Josh Grey - Fleming County 2010 - 128
    Luke Greenhill - Mason County 2014 - 122
    Brett Ruckle - Lewis County 2013 - 119
    Chase Burton - St. Pat 2015 - 101
    Kyle King - Deming 2011 - 92

    Seems like Crawford and Maddox fall pretty well in the middle of the pack. 10th region ball is a guards game. Shooters shoot, and when you coach at a school like A-Town, St. Pat, Bracken etc. you NEED your best guards taking a lot of 3s. Nature of the beast.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    56

    Anyone who posts negative comments about a teenage kid on this site should be ashamed of themselves. Grow up!

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable View Post
    Anyone who posts negative comments about a teenage kid on this site should be ashamed of themselves. Grow up!
    I looked up the stats for the Bracken team. Looks like they have some kids that can play ball. Best of luck to Jason in years to come.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    351

    Augusta goes 77-47 over four years, I would venture to guess the best four year stretch in the history of the school....including consecutive district titles, eliminating Mason Co both years, four region trips....and yet he is overrated and it is implied that some in the system were happy to see him go?

    Yeah, smells like there is an ax grinding, and grapes are souring.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jul 11
    Posts
    131

    Great stuff spectator! The great thing is many people close to the Augusta program have heard all of the messages before either on a text or email, so you should be more careful choosing your words because you have used them before! It's not hard to figure out! Coach Hinson didn't have issues with a lot of people so it's easy to figure out !! We will pray for you at our church and hope you find peace in what you are doing bashing Connor Maddox and Austin Crawford and whoever else you feel the need to bash! Your terrible behavior from the stands this year gives this away! Have a good night! God bless!

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    I don't know who you think I am. I have never sent text messages or e-mails to anyone in the Augusta Program so if I were you I would be very careful about who I accuse of stating my opinions on this forum. I would hate for a spectator or fan in your crowd to be accused of posting criticisms to this forum in which they did not.

    I do find it ironic that another individual has spoken with the same feelings. Your posting here validates my claims seeing that I'm not the only one.

    AGAIN, I did not bash Austin Crawford and frankly did not bash Connor Maddox. What I have said about his performance are honestly things his coaches should have said to him. Maybe that opinion is wrong but this is a forum where people share their thoughts.

    Have a good evening yourself.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15

    Put that in your stat book

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Augusta, KY
    Posts
    1,236

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    I don't know who you think I am. I have never sent text messages or e-mails to anyone in the Augusta Program so if I were you I would be very careful about who I accuse of stating my opinions on this forum. I would hate for a spectator or fan in your crowd to be accused of posting criticisms to this forum in which they did not.

    I do find it ironic that another individual has spoken with the same feelings. Your posting here validates my claims seeing that I'm not the only one.

    AGAIN, I did not bash Austin Crawford and frankly did not bash Connor Maddox. What I have said about his performance are honestly things his coaches should have said to him. Maybe that opinion is wrong but this is a forum where people share their thoughts.

    Have a good evening yourself.
    Welcome to the site Spectator 52........."Constructive" criticism is always welcomed by those who are trying to improve their game; Coaches and players alike. Everyone on here is allowed to agree to disagree what "Constructive" means I guess.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    I'm gonna make my post on this short and simple: Jason Hinson can flat out coach. He gets the most out of average players, and gets the great ones to play even better.

    You say he can't?

    Just ask Brent Bach how much Jason did for him.

  15. #60
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,845

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    I'm gonna make my post on this short and simple: Jason Hinson can flat out coach.
    Yep.

    And Connor Maddox can play.

Top