Bracken County's new coach: Jason Hinson

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 If it was who cares? The Bracken program has been down hills for the last 5 years. Politics had a big part of that. F... 96 comments | 12564 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    733

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 View Post
    A job came with the coaching and like last time none of the politics got in the way or they did not win this time. Happy for Bracken.

    A teaching job?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Arlen, Texas
    Posts
    215

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 View Post
    A job came with the coaching and like last time none of the politics got in the way or they did not win this time. Happy for Bracken.
    Wait, you mean to tell me that they created a position?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by MF Thatherton View Post
    Wait, you mean to tell me that they created a position?
    From what I hear he will be working at the middle school and the high school with a Career classes. The job was needed for test scores. Don't know for a fact but that is the talk.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Arlen, Texas
    Posts
    215

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 View Post
    From what I hear he will be working at the middle school and the high school with a Career classes. The job was needed for test scores. Don't know for a fact but that is the talk.
    So in essence the job was created then. Interesting.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by MF Thatherton View Post
    So in essence the job was created then. Interesting.
    If it was who cares? The Bracken program has been down hills for the last 5 years. Politics had a big part of that. Finally they get someone to make the program better. Just be happy for them. I am and can not wait to start going to games again.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Arlen, Texas
    Posts
    215

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy69 View Post
    If it was who cares? The Bracken program has been down hills for the last 5 years. Politics had a big part of that. Finally they get someone to make the program better. Just be happy for them. I am and can not wait to start going to games again.
    It seems to me that I have hit a nerve. I was just asking considering the recent funding cuts in public school education that have stemmed from the 2008 Recession. Most schools can't afford to keep teachers, let alone hire additional staff. But if they have the money to hire more people, then more power to them.

  7. #22
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    ....

    Seems like a good dude and very passionate about basketball. Most impressively, he can quote the number of boys at every high school in the state, or so it seemed when I sat behind him at the Sweet 16.

    Congrats to both he and the Polar Bears.

  8. #23
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,845

    BROOKSVILLE | Bragging rights may have changed hands after an announcement on Monday that Augusta Independent School boys basketball coach Jason Hinson is moving on to lead the team at his alma mater and AIS rival Bracken County.

    “Bracken County High School is pleased to announce the hiring of a new boys varsity basketball coach. The choice is current Augusta Independent Schools coach Jason Hinson,” said Dennis Maines, BCHS principal.

    At AIS, Hinson compiled a 77-47 record over the past four years, with the AIS Panthers winning back-to-back district titles and a Region 10 Class “A” championship, and beat 10th Region powerhouse Mason County in the process.


    Hinson signs with Bracken as new boys varsity basketball coach

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Here is the way I see it.....

    It's a good move for Jason Hinson because I'm sure he is getting a pay raise. Also, once the three upcoming Seniors at Augusta graduate that program doesn't have much talent left. So congrats to Hinson for taking the Bracken job while it was available. He has a much higher chance for future success with Bracken than staying with Augusta.

    Now the bad news........
    Apparently very few here can see past the smoke and mirrors of the Augusta coaching staff. Jason Hinson in my opinion is an overrated coach. Unless his assistants Jeff Crawford and Jason Snapp are going with him to Bracken I have no reason to get too excited for that program. Those two gentlemen are his backbone.

    I would like to see one of those two take the head coaching position but with both of their sons graduating next year I don't believe they would have much interest in coaching more than one year. I don't know that for certain but I don't think they will be involved once their boys are gone. Who knows though.

    This was my long way of saying that as long as players Snapp, Crawford and Mattox stay as well as Coach Crawford and Coach Snapp I don't think Augusta is losing much.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    130

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    Here is the way I see it.....

    It's a good move for Jason Hinson because I'm sure he is getting a pay raise. Also, once the three upcoming Seniors at Augusta graduate that program doesn't have much talent left. So congrats to Hinson for taking the Bracken job while it was available. He has a much higher chance for future success with Bracken than staying with Augusta.

    Now the bad news........
    Apparently very few here can see past the smoke and mirrors of the Augusta coaching staff. Jason Hinson in my opinion is an overrated coach. Unless his assistants Jeff Crawford and Jason Snapp are going with him to Bracken I have no reason to get too excited for that program. Those two gentlemen are his backbone.

    I would like to see one of those two take the head coaching position but with both of their sons graduating next year I don't believe they would have much interest in coaching more than one year. I don't know that for certain but I don't think they will be involved once their boys are gone. Who knows though.

    This was my long way of saying that as long as players Snapp, Crawford and Mattox stay as well as Coach Crawford and Coach Snapp I don't think Augusta is losing much.
    Was told if he waited, he'd get a raise.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    Was told if he waited, he'd get a raise.
    I'm certain of that but it must have not been what he would consider enough. Which Augusta may have done that on purpose. Who knows

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    270

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    Here is the way I see it.....

    It's a good move for Jason Hinson because I'm sure he is getting a pay raise. Also, once the three upcoming Seniors at Augusta graduate that program doesn't have much talent left. So congrats to Hinson for taking the Bracken job while it was available. He has a much higher chance for future success with Bracken than staying with Augusta.

    Now the bad news........
    Apparently very few here can see past the smoke and mirrors of the Augusta coaching staff. Jason Hinson in my opinion is an overrated coach. Unless his assistants Jeff Crawford and Jason Snapp are going with him to Bracken I have no reason to get too excited for that program. Those two gentlemen are his backbone.

    I would like to see one of those two take the head coaching position but with both of their sons graduating next year I don't believe they would have much interest in coaching more than one year. I don't know that for certain but I don't think they will be involved once their boys are gone. Who knows though.

    This was my long way of saying that as long as players Snapp, Crawford and Mattox stay as well as Coach Crawford and Coach Snapp I don't think Augusta is losing much.
    I've heard a few people say that and I honestly can't understand why. Jason has coached at two of the smallest schools in the 10th. He took St. Patrick from a 4 win season to the second best record in school history, got them to the region tournament for the first time in seven years and came within 6 points of knocking off a top 5 team in the state, with three injured starters, and oversaw the development of three of their all time greats (Owens, Anderson, & Mason). I'll grant he had trouble in the postseason while there, but i'd say he made up for it by pulling down back to back district titles and a class A region title while developing four of A-Towns all time greats (Bach, Maddox, Crawford, & Snapp). I feel like a lot of people have forgotten the ridiculous improvement Brent Bach made the summer after Hinson took over. I just don't understand what else he has to do. I for one am excited to see what he can do with a more size-able talent pool. I think this is just the beginning of what will be a hall of fame career in the 10th.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Well, when you know who is actually making the calls and writing the plays you see things differently than most.

    Hinson couldn't even spell defense until he started working with one of his assistants he has at Augusta. That's a fact.

    So I'm feeling a little leery about what he can do on his own.

  14. #29
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    Well, when you know who is actually making the calls and writing the plays you see things differently than most.

    Hinson couldn't even spell defense until he started working with one of his assistants he has at Augusta. That's a fact.

    So I'm feeling a little leery about what he can do on his own.
    ...so what you're suggesting is that he does what most successful leaders do- hire well qualified people to assist/work with them. Kudos to him!

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    ...so what you're suggesting is that he does what most successful leaders do- hire well qualified people to assist/work with them. Kudos to him!
    Again, I'm interested to see what he can do without them.

Top