Bracken County Igloo gets a facelift

Page 2 of Here's some of the pictures: a redone gym floor, along with some fresh paint on the walls:... 64 comments | 7070 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    737

    Looking great!
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    62,192

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    The House the Crawford brothers built.
    And sister.

    Floor looks really sharp!

  3. #18
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,969

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Same. I long for the day when "Lady" doesn't preface girl team names. Bracken County on one end, Polar Bears on the other would look great.

    (That said, this looks VERY nice)
    I agree with this. ^

    When I was AD at Owsley I tried to get the mascot for both girls and boys to be "Owls". That was the trend in the colleges at that time and I thought it was a good idea. But in Owsley trends are overcome by tradition and I lost the battle.

  4. #19
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    737

    Name:  IMG_2037.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  168.0 KB

  5. #20
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    6,769

    Looks good but why the brown areas? They should be Blue. Bear looks grwat on the wall.

  6. #21
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    737

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Looks good but why the brown areas? They should be Blue. Bear looks grwat on the wall.
    The stain is still a little wet should it should look at tad lighter when it drys. Once it's fully dry they'll add the blue and white paint

  7. #22
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    6,769

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    The stain is still a little wet should it should look at tad lighter when it drys. Once it's fully dry they'll add the blue and white paint
    Cool, Blue looks much better!!!!!

  8. #23
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    737

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Cool, Blue looks much better!!!!!
    I agree. I've seen Bracken, Harrison, and Cooper all this year go back to the kind of old school floor design with different shades of wood

  9. #24
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,688

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    I agree. I've seen Bracken, Harrison, and Cooper all this year go back to the kind of old school floor design with different shades of wood
    All three look great!

    If there is a gym that needs a new floor it is Scott. You'd think winning the 2nd region title in the program's history and making it to the final four you could get a court upgrade.

  10. #25
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    7,690

    Looks nice. I'm sure the Blue and White trim will top it out.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    6,970

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    All three look great!

    If there is a gym that needs a new floor it is Scott. You'd think winning the 2nd region title in the program's history and making it to the final four you could get a court upgrade.
    Maybe a gym not so close to the swimming pool!

  12. #27
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    737

    Name:  IMG_2320.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  144.5 KB

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    1,722

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    Name:  IMG_2320.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  144.5 KB
    What's with the yellow? Is it some kind of primer or sealant?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    413

    I have always wondered this but why polar bears?

  15. #30
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    62,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsaholic Mamaw View Post
    What's with the yellow? Is it some kind of primer or sealant?
    I was wondering the same. Hopefully it's temporary.

    Quote Originally Posted by WKY View Post
    I have always wondered this but why polar bears?
    The story I remember hearing was that the team was practicing outside on a court that used to be located in front of the old high school. Not sure why they were out there, but it was a really cold day. Someone commented that the team was a bunch of Polar Bears and I guess it stuck.

    Don't know if that's the legit story, but that's what I grew up hearing.

Top