Bracken County High School addition/trophy cases

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    Bracken County High School addition/trophy cases

    Name:  C7C8C7A0-62E9-4B29-BE3A-855B08635279.jpeg
Views: 827
Size:  106.0 KB
    Name:  9C7E7767-B4AA-419B-9E62-346101FC82B7.jpeg
Views: 823
Size:  382.3 KB
    Name:  E1A609A6-951B-4F90-8DF4-FA81B0294EFA.jpeg
Views: 830
Size:  227.9 KB
    Name:  E3381C74-D49F-4637-AE29-023FE6C495F2.jpeg
Views: 838
Size:  215.6 KB
    ‪New trophey cases added to the lobby: ‬
    ‪23 Boys Districts, 4 Boys Region Runner Up, 6 Boys Region, 2 Boys All A, 18 Girls District, 3 Girls Region Runner Up, 4 Girls All A, 16 Baseball Districts, 1 Baseball Regions, 11 Softball Districts, 4 Softball All A. Other sports coming
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,667

    Where is the state championship trophy?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Where is the state championship trophy?
    Same spot. Should be getting a new case for it

  4. #4
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,667

    Looks Great!!!!!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    This is the first time all these trophies have been organized ever. When the new school was built in 1998, the trophies and old cases were hauled over to the new high school and put up with no sense of organization. It took almost 8 hours to find each individual trophy and put them in.

    I've already heard many alumni complement the job well done by our athletic department on getting this done. It was amazing to see how the trophies have changed with time. Going from cups, to tall wooden/copper/bronze, to the boring ones we have now lol. The most interesting was the small wooden plaque from 1943 district, and seeing how WWII affected how important metal was that it was too important to be used on trophies. The earliest one goes back to Brooksville's first district and region championship in 1924. Many former athletes haven't seen there trophies since the day they got the hardware. I'm sure they bring back a lot of memories for people and glad that it is on display for BCHS alumni and opposing schools alike, that the Polar Bears have been successful a time or two! Only thing left to do is to repair some of the damaged ones, and clean them all off for everyone to see at graduation!

  6. #6
    Polar Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Outskirts of Heaven
    Posts
    44

    What about the district runner up trophies??? File 13??? I'm asking for a friend....

  7. #7
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    36,574

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bearcat View Post
    What about the district runner up trophies??? File 13??? I'm asking for a friend....
    I've talked to a couple of AD's about this over the years. I remember when I was in high school, we had shelves around most of the lunchroom with district runner-up and district champion trophies, plus team picture after team picture lining the halls of the basement. If your school has been competing in multiple sports for any length of time, they're basically bound to pile up eventually. I think ideally a school would try to make a fundraiser of things by auctioning off old trophies like those, or at least offering them to the players from the team...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I've talked to a couple of AD's about this over the years. I remember when I was in high school, we had shelves around most of the lunchroom with district runner-up and district champion trophies, plus team picture after team picture lining the halls of the basement. If your school has been competing in multiple sports for any length of time, they're basically bound to pile up eventually. I think ideally a school would try to make a fundraiser of things by auctioning off old trophies like those, or at least offering them to the players from the team...
    There’s a lot of runner-up trophies! That would be a good idea to auction them off.

  9. #9
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,561

    Looks great. Go Polar Bears!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    23

    Are they doing anything for the football field/lockeroom since they want to spend money on the basketball side of things?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhall66 View Post
    Are they doing anything for the football field/lockeroom since they want to spend money on the basketball side of things?
    This was something that was needed for a very long time. However, football will be getting a new scoreboard next year from what I have been told, and do have other improvements in the beginning stages.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by One Great Scorer View Post
    This was something that was needed for a very long time. However, football will be getting a new scoreboard next year from what I have been told, and do have other improvements in the beginning stages.
    Been a few years but when I played the football field was nothing but a rock lol haven't seen it for awhile. Just wonder if it improved any.

  13. #13
    Bandit29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Rooting against the Cubs!!!
    Posts
    2,552

    Football field getting any work?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit29 View Post
    Football field getting any work?
    Will be getting a new scoreboard and other improvements made that aren’t 100% confirmed. The Athletic Director is doing a great job for our kids in all sports!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    3,593

    Have often wondered why visiting football teams consistently stay on the football field (left endzone) during halftimes (no matter the bitterness of the weather? Is this because of a void of accomodations? I really don't know what the situation is.

Top