Bracken County 63 Pendleton County 61

Page 3 of Final from the Igloo.... 97 comments | 5484 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksvilleBear View Post
    Allen 17
    Walsh 14
    Helton 10
    Daughtery 10
    Wood 5
    Browning 4
    I think "Helton" us supposed to be Dennie.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachNormanDale View Post
    If PC has the best player in the 10th, why didn't he not knock down the shot at the end to tie it all up?

    The best player in the 10th is the man who defended the contested shot.. AC
    Not a great shot by Allen at all. I think he should've took the ball to the basket there.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    I don't think it's fair to Mr. Allen to recieve all this criticism. I mean after all he is only like what, 14? 15? He's well beyond his age but just simply needs more time to develop as man. Can't expect him to be a "man" at that age.

    As for Crawford he's had his time to develop, so therefore yes he's going to be more physical. He's only a month or two younger than my son and who will be graduating in May. You can have all the talent in the world but it doesn't matter as much until you give your body time to grow and develop.

    However I am shocked by the outcome of this game, figured Pendleton would come out with a W. Kudos to Bracken on a heckuva game.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    Not a great shot by Allen at all. I think he should've took the ball to the basket there.
    Allen NEEDS to be coached...he is a freshman!

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by UK2014 View Post
    Allen NEEDS to be coached...he is a freshman!
    Do not know what agendas are going on, if this comment is implying Coach Belcher(s) are not the men for this job, you are flatout wrong! Couple great young talents that PC is very fortunate to have. As to the last shot, not a great look for Allen, someone closed awfully quickly and there even might have been a slight deflection. Not sure about deflection, but that was my first impulse.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    Not a great shot by Allen at all. I think he should've took the ball to the basket there.
    The game wasn't lost on that shot...
    Cats have way to much good o boy system going on to do what it takes to win... Pride will get you every time!

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    Not the Vista View
    Posts
    23

    I was fortunate enough to make this game last night, I took a lot from it. First for Bracken it was a good win with a starter and big man out they turned up the full court pressure at the right time. And again Austin Crawford is the best scorer in the region but I don't think I can call him best player yet still. He missed too many free throws in this game, not just at the end when everyone is saying he was fatigued he left some on the floor early in the game too. Not just him tho but as a team BC didn't shoot the free throws very well at all. Now Pendleton Co. Looked great until the last 2 mins in the 3rd and then last 3 mins in the 4th. Having one of the most underrated ball handlers in the region and a player like Allen PC should not have any problem getting the ball up the floor. PC beat themselves too many open possessions at the end. Allen is a good player but his youth showed last night there wasn't a player on the floor that should have stopped him but he backed off attacking and with the game on the line instead of attacking baseline he stepped back over 2 foot to try and shoot a fadeaway 3 for the win. I

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    The Igloo
    Posts
    324

    I heard someone say Pendleton had 7 straight turnovers.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
    I was fortunate enough to make this game last night, I took a lot from it. First for Bracken it was a good win with a starter and big man out they turned up the full court pressure at the right time. And again Austin Crawford is the best scorer in the region but I don't think I can call him best player yet still. He missed too many free throws in this game, not just at the end when everyone is saying he was fatigued he left some on the floor early in the game too. Not just him tho but as a team BC didn't shoot the free throws very well at all. Now Pendleton Co. Looked great until the last 2 mins in the 3rd and then last 3 mins in the 4th. Having one of the most underrated ball handlers in the region and a player like Allen PC should not have any problem getting the ball up the floor. PC beat themselves too many open possessions at the end. Allen is a good player but his youth showed last night there wasn't a player on the floor that should have stopped him but he backed off attacking and with the game on the line instead of attacking baseline he stepped back over 2 foot to try and shoot a fadeaway 3 for the win. I
    Crawford 6 of 13 FTs; Bravard 0 for 1 missing frontend to total BC 6 of 14 for the game. BC 3 of 14 from 3. Crawford scored all 12 of his buckets 10 ft and in.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
    I was fortunate enough to make this game last night, I took a lot from it. First for Bracken it was a good win with a starter and big man out they turned up the full court pressure at the right time. And again Austin Crawford is the best scorer in the region but I don't think I can call him best player yet still. He missed too many free throws in this game, not just at the end when everyone is saying he was fatigued he left some on the floor early in the game too. Not just him tho but as a team BC didn't shoot the free throws very well at all. Now Pendleton Co. Looked great until the last 2 mins in the 3rd and then last 3 mins in the 4th. Having one of the most underrated ball handlers in the region and a player like Allen PC should not have any problem getting the ball up the floor. PC beat themselves too many open possessions at the end. Allen is a good player but his youth showed last night there wasn't a player on the floor that should have stopped him but he backed off attacking and with the game on the line instead of attacking baseline he stepped back over 2 foot to try and shoot a fadeaway 3 for the win. I

    PC shoots way to many 3 pointers..:

    It's lazy basketball IMO

  11. #41

    Join Date
    May 15
    Location
    Milan, Indiana
    Posts
    123

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
    And again Austin Crawford is the best scorer in the region but I don't think I can call him best player yet still. He missed too many free throws in this game, not just at the end when everyone is saying he was fatigued he left some on the floor early in the game too.I
    Give me another player in this region that can do it ALL on both ends of the court. I've watched every team in this region. Austin Crawford has the most pressure on him every night to perform than anyone else. The man's gotta rebound, defend, handle the ball majority of the game, brush off two defenders usually, score at will, while being asked to shoot a high field goal percentage when being rode most of the game because other teams know Crawford is the primary ball handler.. The kid does it night in and night out. If you wanna watch him hit some free throws attend an AAU game.

  12. #42
    FatNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    670

    Allen is going to be a beast. It's going to be amazing and fun to watch how much better this kid gets each year. People have to remember he is a Freshman. I remember watching Spaulding (freshman starter now at Lville) play as a Freshman and he was so timid and weak. Crawford as a Freshman played soft and didn't want the ball when it mattered as a Freshman as well. Biggest difference between Austin and Allen is 2 years. That's so huge at this age. Allen gonna be great, and just needs to be patient. Keaton and staff have the best interest for Allen, why wouldn't they? Keaton resume goes as Allen takes them. Pc and or Bracken can compete with anyone come in March because of those two studs.

  13. #43
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Lets give credit to Bracken and their bench. Some will say this is a bad loss for PC due to Bracken being down 2 starters, but I say its a great win for a injury bitten Polar Bear team. Role players came to do their job and it showed on the scoreboard. Bracken with only 7 turnovers in the game and their defense is getting better by the game. If they can get Hamilton and Lippert healthy soon and the role players keep up their good work this team will be very tough come late Feb. early March.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    222

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachNormanDale View Post
    Give me another player in this region that can do it ALL on both ends of the court. I've watched every team in this region. Austin Crawford has the most pressure on him every night to perform than anyone else. The man's gotta rebound, defend, handle the ball majority of the game, brush off two defenders usually, score at will, while being asked to shoot a high field goal percentage when being rode most of the game because other teams know Crawford is the primary ball handler.. The kid does it night in and night out. If you wanna watch him hit some free throws attend an AAU game.
    Austin is definitely up there in the POY talk but I still don't think he's clearly number 1 by any means. Still have to talk about:
    Matt Wilson
    Kobe Garrard
    Pig Williams
    These 3 may not have the most impressive stat line, but honestly they are surrounded by better players. I think those 4 are all in serious contention for the award.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH22 View Post
    The game wasn't lost on that shot...
    Cats have way to much good o boy system going on to do what it takes to win... Pride will get you every time!
    No, the game was lost on the turnovers that came on several possessions before that. I want the ball in Dontaie's hands there. I would've liked to see him drive to the basket there...maybe get a 3 point play.

Top