Bowling Green 67 Cooper 56 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Championship Game)

Page 3 of The Purples win 67-56.... 96 comments | 7366 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,048

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I get Sean, but not the other two...was this decided before the finals?
    You might want to watch other end of the floor to understand what Dante' brings to a team and why he was selected. He gave up zero points directly to Meade's Baker and 1 point to Cochran from Collins and 6 points to Moore from FC. Today he gave up too much height to BGs #21. He's the 2 time 9th region Defensive POY. Hope that clears it up for you.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,044

    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyJoe View Post
    30 to 4 total free throws stands out
    Easy to judge if you didn't watch the game.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    153

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Why such a discrepancy on ft's?

  4. #34
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by 3/2 zone View Post
    Why such a discrepancy on ft's?
    Post #30

  5. #35
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,896

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I get Sean, but not the other two...was this decided before the finals?
    Really? Dante Hendrix was the best defender in the entire tournament. When he was on the floor the first 2 games alone he shut down the opponents best players to a total of 1 point. He held Moore last night I think to only 6 pts when he was on the floor so he basically only gave up 7 points to the players he guarded through the first 3 games, he was outstanding. Adam Kunkel was huge for Cooper when not scoring he was getting a lot of
    boards and for a guard against bigger teams that was huge.

  6. #36
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,896

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I understand that, but numbers today were poor as were Kunkel's...that's why I was asking was it determined before today's game was played.
    It's the ALL TOURNAMENT team, not the finals team.

  7. #37
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    39,112

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post
    You might want to watch other end of the floor to understand what Dante' brings to a team and why he was selected. He gave up zero points directly to Meade's Baker and 1 point to Cochran from Collins and 6 points to Moore from FC. Today he gave up too much height to BGs #21. He's the 2 time 9th region Defensive POY. Hope that clears it up for you.
    That's why I was asking if it was determined before today's game...evidently they got three on the all tourney team no matter how they played today. I ain't mad anyone made it, just wondering if it was selected before today's performances.

  8. #38
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,896

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Oh, I didn't know they just got 3 slots...some deserving kid probably didn't make it due to that.
    Like Brayden Runion for Cooper.

  9. #39
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    39,112

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    It's the ALL TOURNAMENT team, not the finals team.
    I got that...but should runner up automatically get three slots? Is there a player that went out in an earlier round that is more deserving?

  10. #40
    broadcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    469

    For years, the media around press row all had a vote for the all-tournament team. Turned in the ballots at halftime of the championship game.

    Not sure who votes or when the "turning in" deadline is now.

    The "so many players from each team...depending on when they are eliminated"...is relatively new. It looked like: one player from each losing team through the first two rounds. Two players from each semi-final loser. Three from the runner-up. And ____ from the champion.

  11. #41
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,896

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    That's why I was asking if it was determined before today's game...evidently they got three on the all tourney team no matter how they played today. I ain't mad anyone made it, just wondering if it was selected before today's performances.
    Yes, they have a pre selected number of slots for each team depending on where they finish.

    Personally I would have gave those 3 kids and Brayden Runion if it wasn't ore determined with how many slots they got. All 4 very well deserving.

  12. #42
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I got that...but should runner up automatically get three slots? Is there a player that went out in an earlier round that is more deserving?
    Off the top of my head I do think Wales, Moore, Price and Jones of Fern Creek were all deserving. Chase Porter and Korbin Spencer of Elliott County were deserving. Brayden Runion of Cooper was definitely deserving and would have been one of my 3 choices from Cooper. Prince Anosike and Idris Akenyemi deserved to make it. Kyran Jones of BG deserved to make it.

    I wouldn't take anyone off at all and I can't remember who made it from other teams but those that I have mentioned stand out the most to me in my memory.

  13. #43
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,896

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Off the top of my head I do think Wales, Moore, Price and Jones of Fern Creek were all deserving. Chase Porter and Korbin Spencer of Elliott County were deserving. Brayden Runion of Cooper was definitely deserving and would have been one of my 3 choices from Cooper. Prince Anosike and Idris Akenyemi deserved to make it. Kyran Jones of BG deserved to make it.

    I wouldn't take anyone off at all and I can't remember who made it from other teams but those that I have mentioned stand out the most to me in my memory.
    you forgot who should have been tournament MVP "The Jake"

  14. #44
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    you forgot who should have been tournament MVP "The Jake"
    Gotta win the big trophy to get that one.

  15. #45
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    7,420

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    MVP

    Bowling Green's Terry Taylor

    Is he still going to Austin Peay. I was really impressed with his total game.

Top