BluegrassPreps.com Boys Basketball Preseason Rankings Discussion

Page 2 of 1. Male 2. Covington Catholic 3. Ballard 4. John Hardin 5. Collins 6. Henry Clay 7. Madisonville-North Hopkins 8. Marshall County 9. McCracken County 1... 43 comments | 5930 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    754

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Fern Creek (#10) plays Ballard (#3) on Dec. 4........Male (#1) on Dec. 10.......and Trinity (#15) on Dec. 14. Pretty tough stretch.
    Ballard will he missing Rashad Bishop for awhile, and their big guy transfer hasn’t been ruled eligible as of today.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    754

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Johnson Central play at CovCath later this season.
    I’m sure it will be a competitive game... until the opening tip.

  3. #18
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,600

    Oops.

  4. #19
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,574

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    How far down are the Ashland Tomcats?
    Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.

  5. #20
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,387

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.
    That was a girls game. Ashland’s boys don’t play until tomorrow night vs Lewis County.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    145

    Great to see Coach Haworth back competing for a state title. As much talent as he had at Hoptown...I believe he's working with so much more at Male. I know he's hungry for that first title.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    432

    Didn't #14 Bowling Green beat #8 Marshall County in a scrimmage? Albeit only by 1 point and you never know the parameters of a scrimmage unless you're there. But this was before Bowling Green's semi final football game against Covington Catholic so I'm guessing there were at least a few kids missing for the Purples. I know it's only a preseason guess but just had to throw that out there.

  8. #23
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,166

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Didn't #14 Bowling Green beat #8 Marshall County in a scrimmage? Albeit only by 1 point and you never know the parameters of a scrimmage unless you're there. But this was before Bowling Green's semi final football game against Covington Catholic so I'm guessing there were at least a few kids missing for the Purples. I know it's only a preseason guess but just had to throw that out there.
    Yes. That was taken into consideration but the BGP preseason poll is more about expectations. The regular season rankings will reflect the results.

    BG plays Madisonville-North Hopkins tonight if I am not mistaken. BG has looked good in preseason scrimmages from what I am hearing while Madisonville-NH hasn’t. We’ll see what happens tonight.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,055

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopJunkie View Post
    Ballard will he missing Rashad Bishop for awhile, and their big guy transfer hasn’t been ruled eligible as of today.
    Just wondering how Ballard can be ranked #3 with these missing pieces?

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    754

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    Just wondering how Ballard can be ranked #3 with these missing pieces?
    My guesses would be:
    A: it’s still Ballard
    B: this is more of a prediction of where teams will finish than start.

  11. #26
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,600

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.
    Oops.

  12. #27
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,758

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    That was a girls game. Ashland’s boys don’t play until tomorrow night vs Lewis County.
    Gotta cut papa some slack with minor slip ups like this, given his age and all.

  13. #28
    ColonelMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    Pegasus Sports Network - Oldham County, KY
    Posts
    5,722

    OK, I haven't reviewed all the scores yet....but #6 Henry Clay, #15 Trinity, and #16 Dunbar all lost to unranked teams Week 1....tough week to be a ranked favorite!

    #14 Bowling Green also lost, but to #7 Madisonville-North Hopkins. No shame there.

    CM

  14. #29
    silo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    2,719

    i am sure we will see quite a bit of movement until after the holiday tournaments

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    221

    Newcath should be ranked over Beechwood in this poll. They have a of ton weapons, and probably one of the top bigs in the 9th.

Top