BluegrassPreps.com Boys Top 20 Rankings (2-15-17)

  1. #1
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    BluegrassPreps.com Boys Top 20 Rankings (2-15-17)

    1. Fern Creek
    2. Bowling Green
    3. Trinity
    4. Scott County
    5. Ballard
    6. Covington Catholic
    7. Cooper
    8. Hopkinsville
    9. Christian County
    10. Dunbar
    11. Adair County
    12. Lexington Catholic
    13. Franklin-Simpson
    14. Perry County Central
    15. Southwestern
    16. Oldham County
    17. Dixie Heights
    18. Madison Central
    19. Graves County
    20. North Laurel
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    87

    Very good job with the rankings this week.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    202

    Great Rankings!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Location
    Huntington
    Posts
    125

    Mostly agree except for 8&9. #9 CC went to OT against a WV single a team and loses to the bottom aaa team in charleston. Then beats the #8 team by 40 and both r top 10. Could b , but suspect .

  6. #6
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Quote Originally Posted by Muwv View Post
    Mostly agree except for 8&9. #9 CC went to OT against a WV single a team and loses to the bottom aaa team in charleston. Then beats the #8 team by 40 and both r top 10. Could b , but suspect .
    Too hard to factor in out of state results but Tug Valley is better than you are giving them credit for being. They are normally fairly successful in West Virginia. At the same time I have no clue how to compare West Virginia basketball to KY basketball.

    Hoptown and Christian County gave each other beatdowns. I think they would both have a winning record against the rest of the rankings.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Too hard to factor in out of state results but Tug Valley is better than you are giving them credit for being. They are normally fairly successful in West Virginia. At the same time I have no clue how to compare West Virginia basketball to KY basketball.

    Hoptown and Christian County gave each other beatdowns. I think they would both have a winning record against the rest of the rankings.
    Tug valley has a really good program for its size. Plus take it from someone who has taken teams there to play the refs do you no favors! In wv the home school selects there refs

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Location
    Huntington
    Posts
    125

    I get it- but living in WV - I've known most of the tug kids since they were 2nd graders. They r a nice little team that plays smart but I no way should they compete with a CC. South charleston is athletic but not on par with the other 3 aaa schools in charleston. Anyway, just my opinion having seen tug, SC, and CC. I don't claim to b a genius by any stretch.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    620

    I'm glad to see Graves County make the rankings. They've really played well the last few weeks. Good job.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    47

    I really like your rankings. I don't think North laurel is close though to the top 20. I watched them several times and they can't win the 13th. I understand though why you put them up there after a few good wins. But I promise you they are probably number 100 in ky. I think Perry central is a dangerous team for the state tournament. They are ten deep with a starting five of 6'9-6'7-6'4-6'2and 6'. They had lex catholic beat at catholic but blew it in double ot. I also think Dunbar is way too high. They are just not very good. If you lose to west jessamine you drop out of the top 20. Period!

  11. #11
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,707

    Quote Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
    I really like your rankings. I don't think North laurel is close though to the top 20. I watched them several times and they can't win the 13th. I understand though why you put them up there after a few good wins. But I promise you they are probably number 100 in ky. I think Perry central is a dangerous team for the state tournament. They are ten deep with a starting five of 6'9-6'7-6'4-6'2and 6'. They had lex catholic beat at catholic but blew it in double ot. I also think Dunbar is way too high. They are just not very good. If you lose to west jessamine you drop out of the top 20. Period!
    The 2nd ten has been a free for all all year.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    47

    I agree that the second ten is a flip flop from week to week. I think the state tourney will be wide open. Maybe a Cinderella on the 100th anniversary of this great event.

  13. #13
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    7,004

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    1. Fern Creek
    2. Bowling Green
    3. Trinity
    4. Scott County
    5. Ballard
    6. Covington Catholic
    7. Cooper
    8. Hopkinsville
    9. Christian County
    10. Dunbar
    11. Adair County
    12. Lexington Catholic
    13. Franklin-Simpson
    14. Perry County Central
    15. Southwestern
    16. Oldham County
    17. Dixie Heights
    18. Madison Central
    19. Graves County
    20. North Laurel

    My gracious. Won't win the 13th. Maybe won't even win their district. Just lost to Knox by 21.

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    My gracious. Won't win the 13th. Maybe won't even win their district. Just lost to Knox by 21.
    That loss came Friday night. These rankings were released last Wednesday. The day after they defeated Corbin. A Corbin team that was going to be ranked until they lost to North Laurel. Maybe Knox Central makes the cut this week in the final rankings.......

  15. #15
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    7,004

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    That loss came Friday night. These rankings were released last Wednesday. The day after they defeated Corbin. A Corbin team that was going to be ranked until they lost to North Laurel. Maybe Knox Central makes the cut this week in the final rankings.......

    Knox is my pick to win the 13th(although Corbin or South have the talent to knock them off). Those Panther kids can flat out score. High octane.

Top