BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Rankings 2/5/18
2017-2018 12th Region Weekly Updates
February has arrived and that means there are only two week left in the regular season of 12th Region basketball. February also brings in a new team at the top of the rankings. Take a look at this weeks rankings and see how the 12th Region is shaping up.
12th Region Rankings:
1) Mercer County Titans (19-4) - The Titans finished January with a perfect record and have won eleven straight game vaulting them into this week’s #1 position in the 12th Region. They picked up two impressive wins this week over Pulaski County 86-84 and Corbin 87-70. In the win over Pulaski County Trevon Faulkner finished with a double-double. He scored 32 points and pulled down 11 rebonds. Carter Baughman added 21 points in the win.
This week the Titans play Lincoln County and Frankfort at home then travel to Warren Central to play in the Wes Strader Schoolboy Shootout.
2) Pulaski County Maroons (16-7) - The Maroons had a tough week of basketball last week. They lost two games in a row last week extending their losing streak to three games. But, the Maroons did not have Mr. Basketball candidate Steven Fitzgerald because of a suspension which hurt their performance. Once he returned for the game against Southwestern, Pulaski got back to their winning ways with a 90-73 victory. In the loss to Somerset, Danny Butt scored 21 points while Grant Oakes added 15 points.
The Maroons play all their games at home this week hosting Casey County, Southwestern, and Bryan Station.
3) Boyle County Rebels (14-5) - The Rebels have won seven of their last eight games including three wins this past week. They beat West Jessamine 65-55, Lincoln County 53-51, and Danville 64-48. With the win over Danville the Rebels secured the top spot in the 45th District tournament. In the win over West Jessamine, Reese Smith led scoring with 23 points. He also pulled down 10 rebounds for the double-double. In the win over Lincoln County Jason Alexander was leading scorer with 15 points.
This week the Rebels play Southwestern at home, travel to Casey County, then go to Thomas More College to take on Covington Catholic in the Dan Tieman Classic.
4) Somerset Briar Jumpers (21-4) - The Jumpers have the best record in the 12th Region and are the first team this year to pick up their 20th win. They won three games last week including a win over crosstown rival Pulaski County 79-63. Somerset also beat Madison Southern 73-61 and Clinton County 60-52. Trae Harmon had a double-double in the game against Madison Southern scoring 22 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. Kross Grundy led in scoring versus Pulaski with 22 points and Jake Cothron was high scorer with 25 points in the win over Clinton County.
The Jumpers are going to spend this coming week on the road in a challenging three games as they travel to Wayne County, Knox Central, and West Jessamine.
5) Southwestern Warriors (14-10) - There was a lot of basketball played this past week for the Warriors. They played four games, winning two and losing two. They lost to Lincoln County 72-77 in quadruple overtime, beat Casey County 67-41 and Russell County 86-55, then lost to Pulaski County 73-90. In the Loss to Lincoln county Jonathan Gallagher scored 28 points and Hunter Stevens added 24 points. In the win over Casey County Hunter Stevens led the way with 28 points.
The Warriors have a challenging week ahead as they travel to Boyle County and to Pulaski County.
6) West Jessamine Colts (13-8) - The Colts won one of three games last week. They lost to Boyle County 55-65 and Cordia 52-69. They did beat crosstown rival East Jessamine 78-55. In the loss to Boyle County, Cannady Skyler scored 21 points while Dalton Bruner added 17 points.
The Colts will spend some time on the road this week as they travel to Woodford County, Wayne County, and Somerset.
7) Wayne County Cardinals (14-11) - The Cardinals won both games they played last week. They beat Casey County 65-47 and McCreary Central 57-56. In the win over Casey County, Stetson Simpson scored 16 points while Jakson Baker added 14 points and 9 rebounds.
The Cardinals start the week traveling to Rockcastle County then return home to host West Jessamine and Somerset.
8) Danville Admirals (10-12) - The Admirals won two of three games this past week. They beat Garrard County 77-72 and Rockcastle County 73-24. They lost to Boyle County 48-64 in district play.
The Admirals will spend the week on the road as they travel to Model, Garrard County, and Lincoln County.
9) McCreary Central Raiders (9-13) - The Raiders are going to be a dangerous team in the 48th District tournament in a few weeks. They have already beaten Southwestern last week and this week they lost to Wayne County in a thriller 56-57.
The Raiders have a busy week ahead as they host Clinton County, Williamsburg, and Barbourville. They then travel to East Jessamine to finish the week.
10) Lincoln County Patriots (11-15) - The Patriots started last week with a big win over Southwestern 77-72. But, they lost the next two games in district play to Boyle County 51-53 and Garrard County 57-62. Riley Bodner scored 20 points in the win over Southwestern and Chase Phillips led the way in the loss to Boyle County with 27 points.
This week the Patriots travel to Mercer County then return home to play Danville.
11) Garrard County Golden Lions (7-16) - The Golden Lions won two out of three games last week. They lost to Danville 72-77 but turned around and beat Lincoln County 62-57 and Menifee County 72-51.
Garrard County has a busy week ahead with four games as they travel to Casey County and Nelson County but also play Danville and Rockcastle County at home.
12) East Jessamine Jaguars (10-16) - The Jaguars lost both games they played last week. They lost to Madison Southern 58-63 and West Jessamine 55-78.
The Jaguars will play two games at home this week as they host Bourbon County and McCreary Central.
13) Casey County Rebels (3-21) - The Rebels lost the first two games they played last week to Wayne County 47-65 and Southwestern 41-67. They finished the week with a win over Woodford County 57-56.
Casey County will spend the week at home, as they host Garrard County and Boyle County.
14) Rockcastle County Rockets (5-18) - The Rockets beat Model 56-47 at the beginning of last week. They lost the next two games to Williamsburg 50-67 and Danville 24-73.
The Rockets open the week at home playing Wayne County but are on the road the rest of the week as they travel to Jackson County and Garrard County.
15) Burgin Bulldogs (9-13) - The Bulldogs split a pair of games last week. They lost to Brown 37-72 but turned around and beat Riverside Christian 56-46.
This week the Bulldogs travel to Whitefield Academy and Berea, and then finish at home versus Portland Christian.
16) Kentucky School f/t Deaf Colonels (1-17) - The Colonels picked up their first win of the season last week beating Georgia School f/t Deaf 48-23 in the KSD Homecoming Classic.
The Colonels do not have any games scheduled this week but are back in action on February 17th in the KSD Season-Ending Classic.
Boyle County 6-0
Lincoln County 2-3
Garrard County 1-4
Mercer County 4-0
West Jessamine 2-2
East Jessamine 0-4
Pulaski County 4-1
Casey County 1-4
Rockcastle County 1-5
Wayne County 2-2
McCreary Central 1-3
Last edited by Jumper_Dad; Feb 5, 18 at 08:37 AM.