BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Rankings 1/29/18
2017-2018 12th Region Weekly Updates
January is coming to an end and the competition is heating up. Only three weeks left in the regular season and the districts are starting to take shape. There were some upsets last week causing some movement in this week’s rankings. So take a look and see how your team is doing in this week’s 12th Region update.
12th Region Rankings:
1) Pulaski County Maroons (15-5) – The Maroons started this past week strong. They beat Russell County 78-64 and Rockcastle County 61-41. They ended the week with a loss to Estill County 67-81 in a controversial game that saw multiple technical fouls called.
The Maroons look to rebound this week, but it will not be easy as they host Mercer County then travel across Highway 80 to face Somerset.
2) Mercer County Titans (17-4) – The Titans started the week with a big win over 12th Region rival Boyle County 70-62. Trevon Faulkner scored 31 points and pulled down 10 rebounds. He was also 10-10 shooting free throws. Ty Divine added 18 points in the win. Mercer County ended the week with a district win over East Jessamine 79-71.
This week the Titans travel to Pulaski County then play Corbin at Lafayette in the Jock Sutherland Classic.
3) Boyle County Rebels (11-5) – The Rebels fell short in a tight game versus Mercer County 62-70. Jason Alexander led the scoring for the Rebels with 24 points while Reese Smith added 15 points. Boyle County finished the week with a big win over rival Lincoln County 61-53.
This week the Rebels have a busy week as they travel to West Jessamine, then host Lincoln County and Danville in 45th District action.
4) Somerset Briar Jumpers (18-4) – The Briar Jumpers finished in the quarterfinals of the All A State Tournament in Richmond this past weekend. They beat Pikeville in the first round 67-62 but lost to state ranked Mayfield 64-68 to end their run. Jake Cothron was leading scorer in the Pikeville game with 16 points. Kross Grundy was leading scorer in the loss to Mayfield with 19 points.
This week the Jumpers host Madison Southern and Pulaski County then travel to Clinton County to play in the Robbie Davis Memorial Classic.
5) Southwestern Warriors (12-8) – The Warriors won three out of four games they played last week. They lost to McCreary Central in a close game 54-55 but turn around to beat West Jessamine 62-51, Wayne County 61-46, and Bourbon County 67-65.
This week the Warriors host Lincoln County and travel to Casey County in 12th Region play.
6) West Jessamine Colts (12-6) – The Colts ended their five game losing streak this past week when they beat Madison Southern 70-44. They lost earlier in the week to Madison Central 56-80 and to Southwestern 51-62. Skyler Cannady was high scorer in the loss to Madison Central with 15 points. Dalton Bruner led the way with 16 points in the win over Madison Southern.
This week the Colts host Boyle County and East Jessamine before traveling to Lafayette to play Cordia in the Jock Sutherland Classic.
7) Wayne County Cardinals (12-11) – The Cardinals split a pair of games last week. They beat a good Knox Central team 76-69 but lost to district rival Southwestern 46-61. In the win over Knox Central, Kameron Gehring and Stetson Simpson lead scoring with 16 points apiece.
This week the Cardinals travel to Casey County then host McCreary Central in district play.
8) Danville Admirals (8-11) – The Admirals won both games they played this past week. They beat Franklin County 75-52 and Taylor County 71-64.
This week the Admirals play Garrard County at home, travel to Boyle County, then return home to host Rockcastle County.
9) McCreary Central Raiders (9-12) – The Raiders are on a three game winning streak after last week. They beat rival Southwestern in a thriller 55-54. They also beat Lincoln County 96-83 and Jackson County 67-62. Derrick Paige had 20 points in the win over Southwestern and Hunter Jones had 26 in the win over Lincoln County to lead all scores.
This week the Raiders host Bell County then travel to Wayne County for a 48th District showdown.
10) Lincoln County Patriots (10-13) – The Patriots lost to McCreary Central last week 83-96. They then beat Garrard County in an overtime thriller 63-57, but lost the next game to district rival Boyle County 53-61. Blake Smith led all scores with 22 points in the loss to McCreary Central. Chase Phillips added 20 points. Spencer Baird led the way with 16 points in the win over Garrard County.
The Patriots start the week off on the road as they travel to Southwestern and Boyle County. They end the week at home versus Garrard County.
11) East Jessamine Jaguars (10-14) – Last week the Jaguars beat Rockcastle County 82-64 and Marion County 57-55. They ended the week with a loss in district play to Mercer County 71-79. In the win over Rockcastle County Tyler Pitney scored 23 points and Ben Thompson added 21 points. Ben Thompson also scored 31 points in the loss to Mercer County.
This week the Jaguars are on the road as they travel to Madison Southern and West Jessamine.
12) Garrard County Golden Lions (5-15) – Last week the Golden Lions beat Model 69-54 and almost pulled off the victory against Lincoln County but ended up losing in overtime 57-63. Braden Sebastian scored 23 points in the win over Model.
This week Garrard County is on the road against 45th District competition as they travel to Danville and Lincoln County. They end the week returning home to play Menifee County.
13) Casey County Rebels (2-19) – The Rebels lost both games they played last week. They lost to Mercer County 54-75 and Russell County 45-63.
This week Casey County spends the week at home, as they host Wayne County, Southwestern, and Woodford County.
14) Rockcastle County Rockets (4-15) – The Rockets lost both games they played last week. They got beat to East Jessamine 64-82 and Pulaski County 41-61.
This week the Rockets are busy as they play Nelson County, Model at home, Williamsburg, and Danville on the road.
15) Burgin Bulldogs (8-12) – The Bulldogs grabbed a couple of wins last week as they beat Evangel Christian 68-65 and Frankfort Christian 59-58. They lost the last two games they played to White Academy, TN 54-61 and Middlesboro 13-62.
This week the Bulldogs Travel to play Brown and Riverside Christian.
16) Kentucky School f/t Deaf Colonels (0-13) – The Colonels have been off since January 10th but they get back into action this week as they host Oneida Baptist Institute and Frankfort Christian. They then host the KSD Homecoming Classic over the coming weekend.
12th Region District Standings:
Boyle County 4-0
Lincoln County 2-1
Garrard County 0-3
Mercer County 4-0
West Jessamine 1-2
East Jessamine 0-3
Pulaski County 4-0
Casey County 1-4
Rockcastle County 1-5
Wayne County 1-2
McCreary Central 1-2