BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Weekly Rankings 1/22/18
2017-2018 12th Region Weekly Updates
Once again the weather played havoc on last week’s schedule. All games were canceled earlier in the week but teams were finally able to get back on the hardwood once the ice started to thaw. This coming week looks to be a hectic one as teams try to reschedule some of those missed games, making for a busy week ahead. Let’s take a look at this week’s rankings to see where everyone in the 12th Region stands at this point in the season.
12th Region Rankings:
1) Pulaski County Maroons (13-4) – The Maroons played a double header this past Saturday against some stiff competition. They started the day with a win over Pleasure Ridge Park 87-79 in the Jaguar Classic. They ran out of gas in the second game falling to George Rogers Clark 71-74 in the Tim Short Automotive Classic.
This week the Maroons play at home versus Russell County and Rockcastle County then travel to Estill County to finish the week.
2) Mercer County Titans (14-4) – The Titans extended their winning streak to six games this past week as they won a pair of games. They beat rival West Jessamine 80-73 and Whitley County 68-44.
This week the Titans play Casey County and Boyle County on the road then host East Jessamine in a 46th District matchup.
3) West Jessamine Colts (11-4) – The Colts lost both games they played last week. They lost to district rival Mercer County 73-80 then turned around the next night and lost to a good Lexington Catholic team 68-78. Skyler Cannady led the way with 27 points in the loss to Mercer County. Dalton Bruner added 15 points. Drew Cook was leading scorer versus Lexington Catholic with 24 points while Dalton Bruner added 20 points.
This week the Colts are on the road as they travel to Southwestern, Madison Central, and Madison Southern.
4) Boyle County Rebels (10-4) – The Rebels were only able to play one game last week due to the weather but it was a 45th District win over Garrard County 77-61. Bryce Slone led the way with 23 points while Reese Smith added 19 points. Grant Hotchkiss was two assists away from a triple double as he had 11 points, 12 rebounds, and 8 assists in the win.
This week the Rebels will play at home in a big 12th Region matchup with Mercer County then travel to play 45th District rival Lincoln County.
5) Somerset Briar Jumpers (17-3) – The Briar Jumpers had a big week this past week winning the 12th Region All A Classic. They beat Danville 73-61 and Washington County 76-59. In the win over Danville, freshman Kade Grundy led all scores with 25 points and Kross Grundy added 16 points. Kade Grundy was also leading scorer in the win over Washington County with 23 points and Kross Grundy added 17 points.
This week the Jumpers open the first round of the Class A State Tournament in Richmond versus 15th Region winner Pikeville.
6) Southwestern Warriors (9-7) – The Warriors split a pair of games last week. They beat McCreary Central in a 48th District meeting 71-64 in overtime but lost the next night to Madison Southern 48-54.
This week the Warriors are busy playing four games as they travel to McCreary Central then host West Jessamine, rival Wayne County, and Bourbon County.
7) Wayne County Cardinals (11-10) – Last week the Cardinals played in the Toyota Classic at Scott County. They lost to LaRue County 43-56, beat Franklin County 47-42, but lost to Oldham County 52-67.
This week the Cardinals host a good Knox Central team then travel to Southwestern for an anticipated 48th District rematch.
8) Lincoln County Patriots (9-11) – The Patriots lost both games they played last week. They lost to Madison Central 39-68 and Corbin 57-70.
This week the Patriots travel to McCreary Central and Garrard County, then host a 45th District rivalry game versus Boyle County to finish the week.
9) Danville Admirals (6-11) – The Admirals were only able to play one game last week due to the weather and it was a loss to Somerset in the 12th Region All A Classic 61-73.
This week the Admirals host Franklin County for their only currently scheduled game.
10) East Jessamine Jaguars (8-13) – Last week the Jaguars played three consecutive nights and won three consecutive games. They beat Casey County 65-50, Thomas Nelson 97-45, and Tates Creek 60-59.
This week the Jaguars would like to extend the winning streak. They host Rockcastle County and Marion County before traveling to Mercer County.
11) McCreary Central Raiders (6-12) – The Raiders lost both games they played last week. They lost in an overtime thriller to rival Southwestern 64-71 and lost to Eastern in the Jaguar Classic 63-88.
This week the Raiders are at home, as they host a rematch with Southwestern, then the play Lincoln County, and end the week with Lynn Camp.
12) Garrard County Golden Lions (4-14) – The Golden Lions were on the losing end of the only game they played last week. They lost to Boyle County 61-77.
This week Garrard County travels to Model then returns home to play Lincoln County in a 45th District matchup.
13) Rockcastle County Rockets (4-13) – The Rockets did not get to play last week due to the snow. This week they are schedule to play at East jessamine and at Pulaski County.
14) Casey County Rebels (2-17) – The Rebels picked up their second win of the season as they defeated Lee County 89-37. They lost earlier in the week to East Jessamine 50-65.
This week the Rebels stay at home as they host Mercer County and Russell County.
15) Burgin Bulldogs (6-10) – The Bulldogs lost to Washington County 40-71 in the 12th Region All A Classic. They also lost to Walden 62-71 but turned the week around with a win over Piarist School 64-22. This was Coach Don Irvine’s 200th win at Burgin.
This week the Bulldogs have a busy week as they play Evangel Christian, Frankfort Christian, Middlesboro, and White Academy, TN.
16) Kentucky School f/t Deaf Colonels (0-13) – The Colonels did not play last week due to weather. This week they have no games scheduled but will resume play on January 29th.
Boyle County 3-0
Lincoln County 1-0
Garrard County 0-2
Mercer County 3-0
West Jessamine 1-2
East Jessamine 0-2
Pulaski County 3-0
Rockcastle County 1-4
Casey County 1-4
Wayne County 1-1
McCreary Central 0-2