Bluegrasspreps Boys Rankings 2-1-16

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,849

    Bluegrasspreps Boys Rankings 2-1-16

    1. Christian County
    2. Mercer County
    3. Dunbar
    4. Bowling Green
    5. Scott County
    6. Henry Clay
    7. Bullitt East
    8. Trinity
    9. Cooper
    10. Covington Catholic
    11. Owen County
    12. Southwestern
    13. Male
    14. Lafayette
    15. Ballard
    16. Perry County Central
    17. St. Xavier
    18. North Hardin
    19. Taylor County
    20. Paducah Tilghman
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Worst. Season. Ever. To. Rank. Teams.

  3. #3
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Looking forward to Murray vs. Taylor Co this Saturday.

  4. #4
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Worst. Season. Ever. To. Rank. Teams.
    I had someone ask me who I thought would win the Sweet 16. My answer was.........



    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1930
Size:  33.4 KB

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I had someone ask me who I thought would win the Sweet 16. My answer was.........



    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1930
Size:  33.4 KB
    That's my answer every year. Same for college. In a one and out format, it's very difficult for the best team to win it. The NBA's format mitigates that issue.

  6. #6
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    That's my answer every year. Same for college. In a one and out format, it's very difficult for the best team to win it. The NBA's format mitigates that issue.
    While true in most years you can usually name a couple of teams that have a legitimate chance. This year there are like eleventy billion teams that have a chance. It's crazy this year. Like super crazy. We could have a state champ with a 13-13 record and it wouldn't surprise me one iota.

  7. #7
    silo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    2,719

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    While true in most years you can usually name a couple of teams that have a legitimate chance. This year there are like eleventy billion teams that have a chance. It's crazy this year. Like super crazy. We could have a state champ with a 13-13 record and it wouldn't surprise me one iota.
    I think there is a great chance there is a team not on the list that could win it all if they get hot. Crazy, Crazy, Crazy, year. Just makes it more exciting.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    626

    Great list for this week and agree that it is wide open. I think Mercer is the best until they are beaten and they have several games with other ranked teams coming up soon. I wonder if the teams with the harder schedules will benefit down the road. Interesting to note that Fern Creek who I believe is outside the Top 20 with a 12-6 record against in state schools has only lost games to Teams in the Top 20 and they have a win against #4 Bowling Green. This week they play St. X and Scott County also in the Top 20. After this week they will have played 8 out of the Top 20 teams from this week. I wonder what school has played the most games against Top 20 teams? Anyone know?

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardITP View Post
    Great list for this week and agree that it is wide open. I think Mercer is the best until they are beaten and they have several games with other ranked teams coming up soon. I wonder if the teams with the harder schedules will benefit down the road. Interesting to note that Fern Creek who I believe is outside the Top 20 with a 12-6 record against in state schools has only lost games to Teams in the Top 20 and they have a win against #4 Bowling Green. This week they play St. X and Scott County also in the Top 20. After this week they will have played 8 out of the Top 20 teams from this week. I wonder what school has played the most games against Top 20 teams? Anyone know?
    I'm guessing Trinity and Dunbar without looking it up. Ballard is probably up there with them as well.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    189

    Wayne County has played 4 in the top 20 and played Southwestern twice.

  11. #11
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,405

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    We could have a state champ with a 13-13 record and it wouldn't surprise me one iota.
    We're back in the game!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    43

    X will have played 8 teams in the current top 20 and Ballard twice after Friday nights game at Male.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    I'm looking forward to CCH vs Newport after the tough game they gave Male in Louisville.

  14. #14
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,429

    In this current top 20, Dunbar has 9 games scheduled against those teams. Have yet to play Scott County or Taylor County and play Henry Clay for the 2nd time next week.

  15. #15
    silo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    2,719

    Trinity 11
    St. X 10
    Ballard 9
    Dunbar 9
    Lafayette 8
    Hopkinsville 8
    Fern Creek 8

    Probably more but I got tired of looking.

Top