Bluegrass/Buckeye Classic at NKU

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    Bluegrass/Buckeye Classic at NKU

    Does anyone have a schedule of games for this?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,030

    Highlands vs Scott
    Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona
    Cooper vs Boone County

    Those were the games proposed and/or confirmed for Jan 4. Now apparently Pendleton County vs Sayre was announced so either somebody got bumped or they are doing more games. Would make sense since most schools are still on winter break. The more games the better!!.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    618

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    Highlands vs Scott
    Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona
    Cooper vs Boone County

    Those were the games proposed and/or confirmed for Jan 4. Now apparently Pendleton County vs Sayre was announced so either somebody got bumped or they are doing more games. Would make sense since most schools are still on winter break. The more games the better!!.
    Wow, that lineup certainly looks different than in past years.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    Highlands vs Scott
    Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona
    Cooper vs Boone County

    Those were the games proposed and/or confirmed for Jan 4. Now apparently Pendleton County vs Sayre was announced so either somebody got bumped or they are doing more games. Would make sense since most schools are still on winter break. The more games the better!!.
    Sayre seems random. I thought it was only Northern Kentucky schools?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    489

    Very random. I also thought Highlands was playing Scott there, but I guess they bumped them so the D.A. show can roll through. Wonder why CovCath isn't playing in it this year?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Very random. I also thought Highlands was playing Scott there, but I guess they bumped them so the D.A. show can roll through. Wonder why CovCath isn't playing in it this year?
    Why didn’t they just have Pendleton play Scott or Highlands? But Sayre?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    1

    Maybe it’s just me. But if that schedule is accurate where is the buckeye teams?

  8. #8
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,222

    Quote Originally Posted by BossHog11 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me. But if that schedule is accurate where is the buckeye teams?
    Under the present structure, the Cincinnati schools also play a series of "Bluegrass-Buckeye" games, I believe at Oak Hills High School.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    150

    I was under the impression the Cov Cath withdrew from this which lead to them cancelling the event because they were worried about ticket sales, anyone able to confirm this?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    None of the games mentioned looks very attractive.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    1,013

    Event is not canceled.

  12. #12
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,030

    Official: Friday, January 4, 2019 at BB&T Arena.

    4:30 Boone County vs Cooper (33rd District seed game)
    6:00 Scott vs Highlands
    7:30 Sayre vs Pendleton County
    9:00 Simon Kenton vs Walton Verona (32nd District seed game)

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    So Scott/Highlands is back on now? Sayre looks out of place in this lol.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    None of the games mentioned looks very attractive.
    SK/Walton is always a good game big rivalry.

  15. #15
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,829

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    SK/Walton is always a good game big rivalry.
    Takes away a home game.

Top