Beechwood 88 Harrison County 58

  1. #1
    statman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    2,875

    Beechwood 88 Harrison County 58

    Scott Draud led the Tigers with 28 points.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,330

    That score doesn't bode well for Frederick Douglass they play Beechwood in less than 3 weeks after losing to Harrision Co. by 15 last night.

  3. #3
    statman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    2,875

    Basketball is a game of matchups. I don't subscribe to the notion that Team A beat Team B by so many, so this should happen, but I get what you're saying.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,031

    Quote Originally Posted by statman View Post
    Basketball is a game of matchups. I don't subscribe to the notion that Team A beat Team B by so many, so this should happen, but I get what you're saying.
    So what you're saying is basketball is not Transitive.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    404

    I looked this up to see how FD was doing this year because HC hasn’t done so well, and, FD defeated GRC. So, yes, basketball is not transitive, OR GRC isn’t as good as everyone believes, OR FD played very poorly, OR HC played out of their minds to defeat FD the way they did. My guess is... it’s winter break for most schools, and over the break, anything goes. That said, I still believe Beechwood is superior to most of the opponents it’s played, and will play. They are an upper tier team in their region.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,031

    NYL, agree 100%! Great post.

  7. #7
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,583

    I never thought I’d feel like I was back in Logic class while perusing a basketball thread.

    Sometimes you have to chalk things up to the fact that 17 year/old kids aren’t models of consistency.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,031

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post

    Sometimes you have to chalk things up to the fact that 17 year/old kids aren’t models of consistency.
    Well, how in the world did you come up with such a crazy idea as that?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    956

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    I never thought I’d feel like I was back in Logic class while perusing a basketball thread.

    Sometimes you have to chalk things up to the fact that 17 year/old kids aren’t models of consistency.
    Yeah, my thought process is on the same page as yours.

Top