Augusta 54 Bishop Brossart 49

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Augusta 54 Bishop Brossart 49

    10th Region basketball at its usual unpredictable best. Augusta Panthers upset Brossart Mustangs that never led in the game. Panthers solid with 4th qtr pressure FTs by Crawford, Maddox, and front end conversion by Pugh and Laycock. Brossart 6 of 13 from the line on the night. Very good victory for Panthers.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Augusta, KY
    Posts
    1,236

    Huge win for the Panthers. Hopefully rounding into tournament mode.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Sorry just a fan so minimal stats. In fact the FT numbers for Brossart above are wrong. Their 4th qtr misses were a factor. Hope Quagmire or Tac can give details.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    103

    I saw this one coming. Anything can happen on any given night. Especially in the 10th Region

  5. #5
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,559

    Like a box of chocolates...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    363

    What a performance by my Panthers tonight. It's always a battle with Brossart and they tried their best to get out of the Panther's Den with a win but just couldn't do it. Credit to the Panthers' defense tonight. They held the Mustangs to a mere 5 points in the 3rd quarter. The only stats I have is scoring for the two squads and as always, this is unofficial.

    Augusta 54
    Maddox 21
    Shoemaker 16
    Snapp 11
    Pugh 3
    Crawford 2
    Laycock 1

    Brossart 49
    Crawford 21
    Zai 11
    Schultz 9
    Hickman 3
    Kremer 3

    I do know that I'm missing 2 points for Brossart, anyone that knows feel free to correct me!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    What a performance by my Panthers tonight. It's always a battle with Brossart and they tried their best to get out of the Panther's Den with a win but just couldn't do it. Credit to the Panthers' defense tonight. They held the Mustangs to a mere 5 points in the 3rd quarter. The only stats I have is scoring for the two squads and as always, this is unofficial.

    Augusta 54
    Maddox 21
    Shoemaker 16
    Snapp 11
    Pugh 3
    Crawford 2
    Laycock 1

    Brossart 49
    Crawford 21
    Zai 11
    Schultz 9
    Hickman 3
    Kremer 3

    I do know that I'm missing 2 points for Brossart, anyone that knows feel free to correct me!!
    Jackson Crawford with 23

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Sorry just a fan so minimal stats. In fact the FT numbers for Brossart above are wrong. Their 4th qtr misses were a factor. Hope Quagmire or Tac can give details.
    Brossart was 9-15 from the line for the night.
    What did in Brossart was an uncharacteristic 2-14 from behind the arc. Great battle between 2 very similar teams. In your face defense, smart players and great offensive sets.
    The folks at Augusta were great hosts to us up on the stage. Thanks to all. Good luck this year until we meet again. (Hopefully) 😉

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    The Panthers are a tough out in that little gym.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 15
    Location
    Milan, Indiana
    Posts
    123

    Nice win for the Panthers!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Really enjoyed this game tonight. Augusta fans are so lucky to have such a great little gym. Ton of character. I'm sure I didn't appreciate it as much when I had a chance to play there. The band on the stage was great.
    Augusta made plays tonight when they needed to. Thought Brossart gave up to many layups.
    Don't know what the T on Snapp was for? It was below us as we were on the balcony. It was after a dead ball. Language?
    No doubt some missed calls both ways. One big one that would of really helped Brossart was late in the game, Brossart was pressuring the ball (Maddux) and knocked the ball off his leg into the backcourt where Maddux picked it up. Thought this was an over and back. I could be wrong.
    Congrats to Augusta on the win. And for any of you fans of the game…get to a game at Augusta and enjoy.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    Really enjoyed this game tonight. Augusta fans are so lucky to have such a great little gym. Ton of character. I'm sure I didn't appreciate it as much when I had a chance to play there. The band on the stage was great.
    Augusta made plays tonight when they needed to. Thought Brossart gave up to many layups.
    Don't know what the T on Snapp was for? It was below us as we were on the balcony. It was after a dead ball. Language?
    No doubt some missed calls both ways. One big one that would of really helped Brossart was late in the game, Brossart was pressuring the ball (Maddux) and knocked the ball off his leg into the backcourt where Maddux picked it up. Thought this was an over and back. I could be wrong.
    Congrats to Augusta on the win. And for any of you fans of the game…get to a game at Augusta and enjoy.
    Thanks for stopping by!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    One big one that would of really helped Brossart was late in the game, Brossart was pressuring the ball (Maddux) and knocked the ball off his leg into the backcourt where Maddux picked it up. Thought this was an over and back. I could be wrong.
    .
    If it happened as you saw it then , yes, it is a violation.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    Really enjoyed this game tonight. Augusta fans are so lucky to have such a great little gym. Ton of character. I'm sure I didn't appreciate it as much when I had a chance to play there. The band on the stage was great.
    Augusta made plays tonight when they needed to. Thought Brossart gave up to many layups.
    Don't know what the T on Snapp was for? It was below us as we were on the balcony. It was after a dead ball. Language?
    No doubt some missed calls both ways. One big one that would of really helped Brossart was late in the game, Brossart was pressuring the ball (Maddux) and knocked the ball off his leg into the backcourt where Maddux picked it up. Thought this was an over and back. I could be wrong.
    Congrats to Augusta on the win. And for any of you fans of the game…get to a game at Augusta and enjoy.
    Happened to be in perfect position on both Snapp's T and your questioned over and back. On the T I will quote..."Ref, please watch the hands". Absolutely nothing more verbally. He did touch the ref on the shoulder to get his attention. It was lightly, not aggressive, and only to get the ref to look st him. I think the T was the touch, cannot imagine it being what he said.

    The questioned non over and back was a definite BB player that deflected the ball off Maddox's knee into backcourt which Panthers recovered. Great aggressive effort by Code to make the call for the refs, just didn't intimadate them this time.

  15. #15
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,523

    Congrats to the Panthers!!! Good to visit with Just Jim.

    Jared Schoemaker's four first quarter layups set the tone.
    Connor Maddox dropping five (5) bombs on us didn't help, and our 2 of 14 from beyond the arc didn't make things any easier.

    I was impressed with how hard the Panthers played, and the great job they did defensively, making us work for everything we got.

    No sour grapes on this one. We lost a ballgame and will be back in the practice gym tomorrow trying to get better.

    Road game on Thursday night at Pendleton County will be another challenge.

Top