Ashland Blazer Basketball Players Are Leaving In Droves

Page 2 of 4 Ashland basketball players have transfered over the past year, 3 this basketball season with the latest coming yesterday. There is talk of a couple m... 31 comments | 4023 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    I had this conversation with someone the other day. Howell was an assistant under Biggs. Sometimes you mimic what you were taught. Just a thought...
    I agree totally. The one kid that left is a great kid unfortunately he's not very good player.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    487

    Quote Originally Posted by 3/2 zone View Post
    I agree totally. The one kid that left is a great kid unfortunately he's not very good player.
    Not sure which one you're talking about. One of the kids that left had been a starter on and off this season.

  3. #18
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    56,282

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    My apologizes for the title of the thread. That was totally not my intention. If a moderator can change it, that'd be great.
    Better?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Better?
    LOL

  5. #20
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,119

    Chevy makes the Drove, right?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    2,900

    Oh no... heaven forbid a coach be tough on kids. How dare he.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    487

    There is a difference in a coach being tough and a coach telling a kid that he's a loser during practice.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    Not sure which one you're talking about. One of the kids that left had been a starter on and off this season.
    Ledford

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    487

    Quote Originally Posted by 3/2 zone View Post
    Ledford
    Correct, Preston is a great kid. I've known him and his family for a long, long time. I wish nothing but the best for him. His game is lacking, but I hope he can find a place on the Eagles team.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    Correct, Preston is a great kid. I've known him and his family for a long, long time. I wish nothing but the best for him. His game is lacking, but I hope he can find a place on the Eagles team.
    Couldn't agree more

  11. #26
    Vito Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,150

    Sounds like it's a player problem and not coaching. Quit being babies, your coach isn't supposed to be your bestfriend.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    487

    No one said he needs to be their best friend. However, a coach can't belittle his players on a constant basis and expect that all of his players are going to give him their best. I understand that you play for your team, your school, your community, your family and yourself, but the coach is the one that is supposed to get the best out of his/her players, not put them down to where they are whipped puppies.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    No one said he needs to be their best friend. However, a coach can't belittle his players on a constant basis and expect that all of his players are going to give him their best. I understand that you play for your team, your school, your community, your family and yourself, but the coach is the one that is supposed to get the best out of his/her players, not put them down to where they are whipped puppies.
    I hope he doesn't do that

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,196

    Boys basketball has become softy central.

    You can't criticize a kids for not hustling, taking bad shots, not play d,.......gawd forbid you tell them to wear the same shoes, put their phones away before a game, or stop looking at their parents in the stands.

    Probably fire you on the spot for saying a mean curse word.....

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Posts
    110

    It is a shame that the once proud Ashland program has fallen so far.

Top