AP Boys Top 10, Week 5

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    413

    AP Boys Top 10, Week 5

    Top five remains unchanged, but two new teams enter -- South Laurel at #8 and Bishop Brossart in a tie for #10. Christian County drops out.

    1. Scott County (10 first place votes, 107 total votes, #1 last week)
    2. Ballard (1 first place, 98 total, #2)
    3. Mason County (81, #3)
    4. Warren Central (65, #4)
    5. Bryan Station (46, #5)
    6. Male (44, #7)
    7. Lexington Catholic (25, #10)
    8. South Laurel (22, <B>New</B> ... #12)
    9. Covington Catholic (21, #6)
    10. Bishop Brossart (16, <B>New</B> ... 0 votes last week)
    (tie) Jeffersontown (16, #9)
    Others receiving votes: 12, Madison Central 14. 13, Corbin 8. 13, Tates Creek 8. 13, Shelby Valley 8. 16, Doss 7. 17, PRP 6. 17, Henderson Co. 6. 19, Christian Co. 4. 20, Russell 2.

    Voters
    Times-Tribune, Corbin; Advocate-Messenger, Danville; The Gleaner, Henderson; Kentucky New Era,
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,216

    I have to say that I think the AP Poll has been much, much better this year than most, but I can see the flaws shine through brightly with the ballot that didn't place Scott County first. I have no issue if someone thinks Ballard is better; the Bruins are a great team. But 107 broken down is: 10 first place votes at 10 points apiece, leaving 7 points which equals fourth place on that ballot. Really? The team that is undefeated against the state of Kentucky and beat Huntington High, fourth? Nope.

  3. #3
    cch5432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Posts
    10,154

    CovCath is still over Brossart although they lost to them...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by cch5432
    CovCath is still over Brossart although they lost to them...
    I don't think Brossart is the 10th best team in the state...

  5. #5
    1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Flemingsburg,Ky
    Posts
    1,267

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE
    I don't think Brossart is the 10th best team in the state...

    I would have to agree.

  6. #6
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE
    I don't think Brossart is the 10th best team in the state...

    I agree, but CovCath is not the 9th best team either.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    413

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire
    I have to say that I think the AP Poll has been much, much better this year than most, but I can see the flaws shine through brightly with the ballot that didn't place Scott County first. I have no issue if someone thinks Ballard is better; the Bruins are a great team. But 107 broken down is: 10 first place votes at 10 points apiece, leaving 7 points which equals fourth place on that ballot. Really? The team that is undefeated against the state of Kentucky and beat Huntington High, fourth? Nope.
    Wow, I didn't consider that the lone voter didn't put Scott County second. I couldn't at any point, in good conscience, vote the Cards anything but number one, and haven't. I'd like to see who of the 10 voters it was, and who they possibly could've rated 2 and 3. Unbelievable.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    13,763

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.fraysure
    Wow, I didn't consider that the lone voter didn't put Scott County second. I couldn't at any point, in good conscience, vote the Cards anything but number one, and haven't. I'd like to see who of the 10 voters it was, and who they possibly could've rated 2 and 3. Unbelievable.
    Probably the same people who voted that Cal Ripkin shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame this year. lol

  9. #9
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE
    I don't think Brossart is the 10th best team in the state...
    But the rest are right??

Top