AJ Mayer - Undefeated Senior Year

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Posts
    280

    AJ Mayer - Undefeated Senior Year

    AJ Mayer and the football Colonels were undefeated. I may be wrong but I think all 4 basketball losses this year occurred when he was out. AJ never lost a game he played in his senior year. If I am right, that’s special
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    If that is correct, that stat is way over the line of being absurdly good. I mean, historically good if so.

    AND, couldn't happen to a better, kinder, more mature kid. #Winner

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    That is correct.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Posts
    280

    50-0. Did I count right?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by redtruck View Post
    50-0. Did I count right?
    I think 34-0. Played 19 basketball games.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,453

    What a great stat for a great kid

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Geez, I know luck has nothing to do with that but that young man should buy some lottery tickets.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,494

    I said it when my man was out and considering not coming back to avoid further injury:he is the glue guy for this team...of the entire CCH Senior class. If he decided to give it one more shot, they were going to win it. He is a WINNER on the court, and more importantly off the court. One of the classiest kids you will meet. He embodies everything you would hope for your son to be.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    600

    Maybe time for someone to talk him into one more baseball season.

    Just kidding - enjoy your Spring AJ and thanks for being such a great kid!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,494

    Quote Originally Posted by Samcro View Post
    Maybe time for someone to talk him into one more baseball season.

    Just kidding - enjoy your Spring AJ and thanks for being such a great kid!
    Wouldn’t that be nice for the Colonels. That dude definitely earned a break.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    I said it when my man was out and considering not coming back to avoid further injury:he is the glue guy for this team...of the entire CCH Senior class. If he decided to give it one more shot, they were going to win it. He is a WINNER on the court, and more importantly off the court. One of the classiest kids you will meet. He embodies everything you would hope for your son to be.
    I want to put this in perspective. Some kids show us one side and then treat their peers differently. AJ does not. My sons do not go to school with him. They go the rival. However, they both rave about how cool he is to them at parties. He has no reason to be, he just is. When your peers rave about your character, you are a truly good person. He deserves everything that he has achieved.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    I want to put this in perspective. Some kids show us one side and then treat their peers differently. AJ does not. My sons do not go to school with him. They go the rival. However, they both rave about how cool he is to them at parties. He has no reason to be, he just is. When your peers rave about your character, you are a truly good person. He deserves everything that he has achieved.
    Rightly the face of Covington Catholic.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    286

    That's amazing!!!!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    65

    This is pretty incredible. What's better is that people know what an awesome kid that he is off the field. Congrats to him, for what is a historic SR year! Congrats to his parents for doing a great job! Congrats to Miami for the steal recruit, and how the heck did UK, UC, and UL let him get away?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Location
    UK / CCH / Newport / Bengals / Reds bandwagon
    Posts
    618

    Had the good fortune to coach AJ at middle school basketball level. All the above is true. Great kid and family.

Top