Adair County in Marshall County Hoops Fest

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Posts
    8

    Adair County in Marshall County Hoops Fest

    I see that Adair County now has the Marshall County Hoops Fest on their schedule for this coming season! Nice job by Coach Breeze to be working on adjusting the teams schedule to better expose Zion Harmon! I would not be surprises if we see more changes if its not to late. I am not sure what the ruling on that is? Anybody know?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    221

    They also are in the Mccracken County Mustang Madness in January from what I know.

  3. #3
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,080

    Unfortunately no one will be allowed to video him and put him on YouTube.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    221

    Why would that be?

  5. #5
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,080

    Quote Originally Posted by ACfan4 View Post
    Why would that be?
    That's the rule that the director of the tournament told members of the media.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    221

    Wonder what the reasoning behind this is?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Posts
    8

    Which tournament is prohibiting this? Seems very strange!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    411

    Quote Originally Posted by ACfan4 View Post
    Wonder what the reasoning behind this is?
    My guess would be so you are more likely to come and pay admission or pay for the streaming online.

  9. #9
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,080

    Quote Originally Posted by ACfan4 View Post
    Wonder what the reasoning behind this is?
    Because, like so many amateur events, they are making it about the money instead of about the kids. What really happens when they try to control things like this is that they turn everyone off and people stop going to their event.

  10. #10
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,772

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Because, like so many amateur events, they are making it about the money instead of about the kids. What really happens when they try to control things like this is that they turn everyone off and people stop going to their event.
    For most fans that go to this it is not a big deal.

  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,080

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    For most fans that go to this it is not a big deal.
    Well, it's a big deal for me. I won't be attending as long as this is the policy.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    221

    Anyone know when they release the teams and schedule for the hoopfest?

  13. #13
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,927

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Unfortunately no one will be allowed to video him and put him on YouTube.
    I don't know how this could even dream of being enforced. We're talking about taxpayer-funded public property here, and in HS varsity athletics, the understanding is, if your kid is playing (and especially playing a starring role), there's a decent chance they'll show up in media coverage about their games.

    I'd like to know whose idea this is. And does this just apply to any games featuring Adair Co? Or is this a blanket thing? And again, how could it possibly be enforced? Good luck asking the thousands of people attending this event to check their phones at the door.

    I would expect local media attending the event to be freaking out. I'm sure the Paducah TV stations cover this heavily every year.

  14. #14
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,927

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    For most fans that go to this it is not a big deal.
    There are still people who are interested in the event who are not able to attend. TV, radio and newspaper coverage of those events — including video content added to websites — is how the gap is bridged for those who can't attend.

  15. #15
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,080

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    I don't know how this could even dream of being enforced. We're talking about taxpayer-funded public property here, and in HS varsity athletics, the understanding is, if your kid is playing (and especially playing a starring role), there's a decent chance they'll show up in media coverage about their games.

    I'd like to know whose idea this is. And does this just apply to any games featuring Adair Co? Or is this a blanket thing? And again, how could it possibly be enforced? Good luck asking the thousands of people attending this event to check their phones at the door.

    I would expect local media attending the event to be freaking out. I'm sure the Paducah TV stations cover this heavily every year.
    I think their rule stated "only local media" can film or do video of any kind. I'm going to show you the e-mail via DM.

Top