Page 5 of Now that the Sweet 16 is over, it is on to the AAU circuit for many of KY best players. Here are some teams to keep an eye on. Please post rosters or any other information that you may have. 11th Grade The Ville - last years state champs. I would expect them to be strong again with the likes of Hicks, Hawkins and Prewitt. Louisville Magic - I have heard this is where Willis is playing this year. Ellis Myles has shown he can put together some very strong teams. KY Elite - always a strong... 188 comments | 17839 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #81
    Premium Member bigdogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    What division did they play in?
    Gold Bracket of the 12th grade and unsigned seniors.

  2. #82
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogs View Post
    Gold Bracket of the 12th grade and unsigned seniors.
    Congrats, sounds like they are off to a great start!

  3. #83
    Premium Member SportsGuy41017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    14,856
    Where was the Bearcat Classic held this year?

  4. #84
    Premium Member bigdogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017 View Post
    Where was the Bearcat Classic held this year?
    5/3 Arena, Jay Etter - Court 4 Sports (Reading Road), Summit Country Day (Grandin Road), and Cincinnati Winthrow High School

  5. #85
    Premium Member Weakside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Corleone
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogs View Post
    5/3 Arena, Jay Etter - Court 4 Sports (Reading Road), Summit Country Day (Grandin Road), and Cincinnati Winthrow High School
    None of the teams 9-12 competed at 5/3rd Arena due to the new NCAA rule.
    Was great for all the younger kids that got to play in the Arena
    Good tournament..Terrible Officiating as is the case everywhere you go. These guys ref too many games and by Saturday night and Sunday you can not get them to blow the whistle.

  6. #86
    Premium Member Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    19,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Weakside View Post
    None of the teams 9-12 competed at 5/3rd Arena due to the new NCAA rule.
    Was great for all the younger kids that got to play in the Arena
    Good tournament..Terrible Officiating as is the case everywhere you go. These guys ref too many games and by Saturday night and Sunday you can not get them to blow the whistle.
    Sounds like Sports of All sorts on a late Sunday afternoon.
    hoops5 likes this.

  7. #87
    Premium Member SportsGuy41017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    14,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Weakside View Post
    None of the teams 9-12 competed at 5/3rd Arena due to the new NCAA rule.
    That's what I was getting at when I asked, and I didn't recognize the gym that the pic was taken.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 12
    Posts
    83
    They are both loaded with talent!

  9. #89
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Aiyyo I roll like a bat out of hell, evil acapells fly spittin out of my grill, before I hit the sky with springtime colors, juicy as a Sunkist certain broads double dutch this
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SHS Future View Post
    16U Ky Elite Kings/Hoop Dreams:

    David Kapinga-Southwestern
    Justin Edwards-Southwestern
    Ray Kasongo-East Ridge
    Tony Wolter-East Ridge
    Jordan Fox-Dixie Heights
    Kalil Rasheed-John Hardin
    Shane Hall-Johnson Central
    Wesley Noble-Breathitt County

    This is all I have heard so far. I was told they will have up to 12 kids playing with them throughout the spring and summer including Leron Black from Memphis.

    Do you have numbers for these guys? I am trying to figure out who #20 is.

  10. #90
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    60,582
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogs View Post
    Congratulations to the Crons 17. They wonK their division in the Bearcat Classic. They were 5-0 this weekend.

    CRONS-2012
    Nick Ayers SK
    Riley Barns SK
    Drew Reckner SK
    Kellen Jenkins Cov Cath
    Sawyer Pauly Cov Cath
    Zack Tobler Cov Cath
    Ben Uebel Brossart (Missing from photo)
    Justin Saunders Brossart
    Zach Pipy Owen County


    Attachment 36355
    Crons played well this weekend. Lost to the Lou Magic by 3. Down to the wire with BA as well.

  11. #91
    Premium Member PutMeInCoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    the Indo
    Posts
    9,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde

    Crons played well this weekend. Lost to the Lou Magic by 3. Down to the wire with BA as well.
    Yup, not often is a 1-3 weekend okay but I'll take it this time. It was a brutal draw. The kids played hard, just couldn't finish with the W's.

  12. #92
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Do you have numbers for these guys? I am trying to figure out who #20 is.
    Pretty sure 20 was Leron Black. He was the one that impressed me the most this weekend from that team.

  13. #93
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Aiyyo I roll like a bat out of hell, evil acapells fly spittin out of my grill, before I hit the sky with springtime colors, juicy as a Sunkist certain broads double dutch this
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Pretty sure 20 was Leron Black. He was the one that impressed me the most this weekend from that team.
    Kid is nice. I liked him a lot.

  14. #94
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    60,582
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Pretty sure 20 was Leron Black. He was the one that impressed me the most this weekend from that team.
    Isn't he from Memphis?

  15. #95
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Aiyyo I roll like a bat out of hell, evil acapells fly spittin out of my grill, before I hit the sky with springtime colors, juicy as a Sunkist certain broads double dutch this
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Isn't he from Memphis?
    I believe so. Is he a UK target?

  16. #96
    TAC
    TAC is offline
    Premium Member TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Isn't he from Memphis?
    Yes he is. I wonder if coach Cal happened to sneak in a little early and see him play? Cal's son had a game right after Hoops Dreams played so he was at the KBA. I was wondering how that works out for a coach to be at a non NCAA tourney--I'm sure there are exemptions so a guy can see his son play, but I'm guessing he better be careful?

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Pretty sure 20 was Leron Black. He was the one that impressed me the most this weekend from that team.
    I was unable to attend this past weekend, but these were the 2 additions from out of state according to Demling:

    Two out-of-state additions Memphis guards Davell Roby and Curtis Phillips were huge on the final day of the event. Roby, who is being recruiting by a lot of SEC schools including Kentucky, had 18 in the quarterfinals and 16 in the title game. Phillips led the team with 22 in the win over the Wolfpack.

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Do you have numbers for these guys? I am trying to figure out who #20 is.
    I am not sure who #20 would be but my guess is either Roby or Phillips.

  19. #99
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    60,582
    Quote Originally Posted by SHS Future View Post
    I was unable to attend this past weekend, but these were the 2 additions from out of state according to Demling:

    Two out-of-state additions – Memphis guards Davell Roby and Curtis Phillips – were huge on the final day of the event. Roby, who is being recruiting by a lot of SEC schools including Kentucky, had 18 in the quarterfinals and 16 in the title game. Phillips led the team with 22 in the win over the Wolfpack.

    I was told that the Magic (Lexington team) had a kid from Huntington Prep for the tourney. Big strong kid/a little raw.

  20. #100
    Premium Member gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    84,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I was told that the Magic (Lexington team) had a kid from Huntington Prep for the tourney. Big strong kid/a little raw.
    Gabriel Otor. Kid had motor for days. Mid to mid plus right now, but a little refinement on offense and a high major will take a chance...