Not bad, I can see your justifications. But here is my top 10 now that Ive seen them all:
1. CovCath - No justification needed. Is what it is folks. And IMO, Green is what makes them special. No disrespect to the others, all very good players. but you dont win without a kid like Green working down low. And in this age of “4 out” b-ball, youngsters need to learn that. To even have a chance at CovCath, you gotta neutralize Green and eliminate 2nd chance points. And hope many get into foul trouble.
2. Highlands - #1 of the rest IMO, and not getting enough love either. Coached by a winner. Just having one of those special years and has the talent and resume to back it up. Combo of Vinson/Muller gonna be tough to handle for anyone.
3. St Henry - similar to Highlands, but just a step behind. I look for the Cru to continue to do whats needed to win, by playing TEAM basketball. Its impressive to watch. Ive seen them a couple times and someone else always seems to step up.
4. Conner - talented, but did way too much talking during the game i saw. just play ball and they could make an impressive March run. But aside from Hicks kid, you can tell others on team have not been there in a winning sense.
5. Beechwood - so much talent, and should be right with CovCath, but just not impressed. Draud gets a bad wrap. Kid drives to bucket and aside from Rylee, no one else will enter paint. Until rebounding margin swings their way, season gonna end early. And with two 6’7” kids, a 6’6” and 6’3”/6’4” in starting lineup, no excuse not to own the offensive end.
6. Holy Cross - peaking at right time. With Freshman Meyer leading and getting seasoned (played Varsity for Scott as 8th grader), McClendon as his running mate, Niehaus outside, and Hicks owning the paint, I really like what Grammer has going on in his 2nd year in Latonia. Only thing holding them back IMO is depth an& turnovers, but if you cant get them in foul trouble, you’re gonna have a long night.
7. New Cath - Lots of talent and right with HC. Seem to be putting it together at the right time of year, and Pangallo kid has the talent to do something special. Solid coaching never hurts either.
8. Cooper - COACHING COACHING COACHING. Sully is in a rebounding year and putting together a respectable season. No way I want to face Cooper in March.
9. Holmes - talent is there, just seems like they cant find the rhythm. if it clicks, look out. Also go5 too distracted with emotions in games Ive seem. gotta keep youre cool and avoid the self inflicted wounds.
10. Lloyd - similar to Holmes, just have not shown steady success. Cody kid can be a difference maker, just need others to step up and find their identity.