9th Region Tournament Field

Page 3 of Winners Cooper 33 rd Dixie 34 th Covington Catholic 35 th Newport 36 th Runners up Ryle 33 rd St Henry 34 th Holy Cross 35 th Newport Catholic 36 th Bo... 134 comments | 14880 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    286

    Quote Originally Posted by Baseball Nut 24 View Post
    Wednesday & Thursday 6:00 & 7:30 each night.
    I knew the dates and times but which teams play which days?
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,846

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I knew the dates and times but which teams play which days?
    Newport/Holy Cross at 7 Wednesday. Dixie/Ryle to follow.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonwadd123 View Post
    The draw is a bad one. No reason CovCath and Cooper should be on the same side.
    There is your reason.

  4. #34
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    This is absolutely terrible for the tournament for attendance. 9th region champion will be determined in semi’s between Cooper and CovCath. No need to show up Monday for a total beat down by CovCath or Cooper.

  5. #35
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,768

    What time will the semi's be on Saturday?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    286

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    This is absolutely terrible for the tournament for attendance. 9th region champion will be determined in semi’s between Cooper and CovCath. No need to show up Monday for a total beat down by CovCath or Cooper.

    I think the draw is great!

    I would rather attend a big game on Saturday vs Monday. Not a big fan of college BCS championships being on Monday ...

    If they are going to advance, CCH and Cooper have to play each other one way or another, so lets enjoy it on a weekend vs a work / school night.

    I am not concerned with BB&T attendance levels.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    What time will the semi's be on Saturday?
    First game @ 7:00

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    110

    Why does there always seem to be so much Newport hate on these threads?

    The previous post is correct. If Cooper and CCH are indeed the 2 best teams, which they have been all year in the 9th, they’d have to play each other at some point.

    Sheesh. Just enjoy the games and see what happens.

  9. #39
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonwadd123 View Post
    None at all. CovCath and Cooper should be the championship game. Now we'll see a blowout in the championship game.
    While you're probably correct, if you consider CovCath/Cooper the real deal championship game then if they meet in the Semi's attend that game and consider that to be the championship game....Problem solved...

    ....sorta... unless the real championship game turns into a surprise, and then you'll kick yourself for not attending.

    Nothing is for certain... See 2010 championship game for a bit of perspective.

    That's why they play the game.

    So many were certain in 2016 that the 9th belonged to CovCath, and then NewCath won.

    So many were certain the in 2017 that the 9th belonged to CovCath, and then Cooper won.

    You really just never know...

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,846

    Quote Originally Posted by Floor General View Post
    Why does there always seem to be so much Newport hate on these threads?

    The previous post is correct. If Cooper and CCH are indeed the 2 best teams, which they have been all year in the 9th, they’d have to play each other at some point.

    Sheesh. Just enjoy the games and see what happens.
    Because people love to hate us. It’s been that way forever. We get used to it. I can assure you, we don’t care. We love it.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    262

    You know what happens when you over look a team ??????? Hang in there Newport - give everyone something talk about - not against Cooper or Cov Cath - just pulling for the (preconceived ) underdog -----"Go Wildcats"

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    460

    Don't sleep on Newport. Possibly playing on Monday night v. a Cov Cath/ Cooper team that may tired from beating on each other Saturday. If they play up-tempo and shots are falling, don't write in Cov Cath/ Cooper in permanent marker just yet.

  13. #43
    AM I EVIL?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Campbell County
    Posts
    467

    So which of the #1 seeds has a possibility of being upset in the opening round? Dixie and Ryle could be a toss up. Mr. Rankin must come ready to play for Ryle. Holy Cross would have to shoot lights out and slow down an athletic Newport squad to have a chance. Cooper can't overlook NCC. Previous game was closer than most thought. Kunkel will be Kunkle. Ncc has to play a perfect game. Ncc has a shot i think. Cov Cath..... i dont think they will sweat this game much. St. Henry won't lay down I'm sure though!

  14. #44
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I think the draw is great!

    I would rather attend a big game on Saturday vs Monday. Not a big fan of college BCS championships being on Monday ...

    If they are going to advance, CCH and Cooper have to play each other one way or another, so lets enjoy it on a weekend vs a work / school night.

    I am not concerned with BB&T attendance levels.
    The big game on Saturday rather than Monday I am gonna agree with you on that one.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    110

    Don’t count out Holy Cross on that side of the bracket. With Niehaus back, they’re healthy at the right time, and they have some big time shooters/scorers as well. HC and Newport could be a dandy.

    Dixie and Ryle could also be a good one. Rankin is tough, and I really like Schreck and crew.

    I think Hall and Luken would have to combine for 45+ to hang with Cooper, which could happen, but not sure it will. Cooper is just more talented 3-7.

    CCH will be looking ahead to Saturday night, but I hope the CRU kids bring some toughness and confidence.

Top