9th Region JV Tournament

Page 3 of Does anyone have the bracket for this years (2018) JV tournament? I know Conner has Ludlow in the 1st round, scheduled for 1/13 postponed for weather t... 38 comments | 7975 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    38

    I was at the game. Fun game to watch, physical and intense. Cooper is well coached and skilled. CCH was simply more athletic and physical.
    Next preseason, will anyone remember this CCH JV team being undefeated with wins over Moeller, other cincy powers, Lex Cath, Cooper twice, and others? I heard this group pushed the varsity all year in practice.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    I was at the game. Fun game to watch, physical and intense. Cooper is well coached and skilled. CCH was simply more athletic and physical.
    Next preseason, will anyone remember this CCH JV team being undefeated with wins over Moeller, other cincy powers, Lex Cath, Cooper twice, and others? I heard this group pushed the varsity all year in practice.
    Nice bunch but "pushed the varsity" is a bit much.

    I do expect to see Green get a lot of varsity minutes next year and has the chance to be a dominant player in the 9th. Disken has a chance to be the starting PG. Jackson and the Moser kid can also push for minutes.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Really like the Bowles kid for CovCath. Moves his feet on defense and has a good handle on offense.
    He , too, can get a lot of varsity minutes next year.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    I was at the game. Fun game to watch, physical and intense. Cooper is well coached and skilled. CCH was simply more athletic and physical.
    Next preseason, will anyone remember this CCH JV team being undefeated with wins over Moeller, other cincy powers, Lex Cath, Cooper twice, and others? I heard this group pushed the varsity all year in practice.
    Cooper only once. Cooper was also undefeated going into that game. Why is the championship always at CCH??

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    136

    Quote Originally Posted by Letsgetit View Post
    Cooper only once. Cooper was also undefeated going into that game. Why is the championship always at CCH??
    They run the tournament along with the freshman tournament. Nicely done

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Letsgetit View Post
    Cooper only once. Cooper was also undefeated going into that game.
    Good for us, this rivalry won't go away anytime soon. Can Setters step in for Kunkel? He looked athletic enough. CCH will be plenty big. Who takes all the shots next year?
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Feb 14, 18 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Repairing Broken Quote

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Good for us, this rivalry won't go away anytime soon. Can Setters step in for Kunkel? He looked athletic enough. CCH will be plenty big. Who takes all the shots next year?
    Setters or Centers??
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Feb 14, 18 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Repairing Broken Quote

  8. #38
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    36,573

    Quote Originally Posted by Letsgetit View Post
    Cooper only once. Cooper was also undefeated going into that game. Why is the championship always at CCH??
    In a nutshell...running a tournament is a pain in the butt, especially for a school with a single gym like everyone (I think everyone?) in the 9th region. Lots of team schedules to work with when organizing...both JV and varsity...plus the weather x-factor. Then you need to staff the even and organize officials for all the games.

    Cov Cath already has their Kaelin Freshman Tournament going at that time of year, so they've got the event booked at their gym, plus the staff and the officials lined up...why not just add in some JV games and make use of the opportunity to squeeze in some more games?

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    In a nutshell...running a tournament is a pain in the butt, especially for a school with a single gym like everyone (I think everyone?) in the 9th region. Lots of team schedules to work with when organizing...both JV and varsity...plus the weather x-factor. Then you need to staff the even and organize officials for all the games.

    Cov Cath already has their Kaelin Freshman Tournament going at that time of year, so they've got the event booked at their gym, plus the staff and the officials lined up...why not just add in some JV games and make use of the opportunity to squeeze in some more games?
    Makes perfect since. Thank you

Top