9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    35

    9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

    Who do you guys think will be the favorite in the 9th next year?

    I believe Cov Cath might be the favorite for the 9th Region and for states

    I went to Covington Catholic last night and watched them play against two schools from Ohio. Also spoke with a former college coach and he also was impressed how well Cov Cath looked. They are also waiting on two additions to the team as well (Horn coming from Texas).

    Things I came away with:

    Grant Disken: Had a very good Junior year. Overall one of the top guards in NKY. Plays hard and shoots the ball well

    Chandler Starks: Incoming Freshman. Will surprise a lot of people. Looked very good yesterday. Does everything right. Wouldn’t be surprised if you see him in the Starting 5 next year

    Neal Green- Will start at the 5. Plays hard. Rebounds very good. Tries to dunk everything.

    Donovan Stocks- Junior didn’t see much playing time last year. Improved a lot from last year. Will see a lot of minutes next year.

    Reece Murphy- Had a good Sophomore year on JV. Could see minutes as a back up to Grant
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,502

    Chandler will absolutely be in the mix to start. I was told Horn was at a open gym the other night.

    I think CCH and Beechwood will be the favorites.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    35

    I was told by players tonight that Horn hasn’t been at any open gyms.From what I understand he hasn’t moved here from Texas yet.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,502

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNation32 View Post
    I was told by players tonight that Horn hasn’t been at any open gyms.From what I understand he hasn’t moved here from Texas yet.
    Probably more accurate source than mine.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    105

    I think NCC and Conner will be in the mix as well. And don’t sleep on St Henry and Holy Cross.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    35

    Holy Cross?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    105

    That’s my sleeper ... hit or miss pick lol

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    456

    Saw Newport and Highlands play at this summer camp tourney at Hanover this weekend and although Newport lost alot I was more impressed with them than I was Highlands. #11 for Newport is a definite shooter. May be the coaches kid? I thought Highlands had a good 8th grader going into 9th but I didn't see anyone that stood out. The games I saw both teams lost to decent but average Indiana teams.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Patrick View Post
    Saw Newport and Highlands play at this summer camp tourney at Hanover this weekend and although Newport lost alot I was more impressed with them than I was Highlands. #11 for Newport is a definite shooter. May be the coaches kid? I thought Highlands had a good 8th grader going into 9th but I didn't see anyone that stood out. The games I saw both teams lost to decent but average Indiana teams.
    Newport has DaeShawn White, who is a very nice player! Next level kid. Don’t know any others. Highlands has Sam Vinson. Very good junior to be.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Beechwood
    CCH
    NCC
    St. Henry
    Conner
    Cooper


    Not Holy Cross. Don’t see it at all.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    65

    CCH - lost a lot, but reloads. Will have two legit scorers and a bunch of role players
    Cooper - Sully
    Beechwood - Will miss Brannen and Schilling more than most think, but they may set a bunch of points per game and 3's made per game and per season records. Will be fun!
    St. Henry - Solid group that will compete.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    396

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Patrick View Post
    Saw Newport and Highlands play at this summer camp tourney at Hanover this weekend and although Newport lost alot I was more impressed with them than I was Highlands. #11 for Newport is a definite shooter. May be the coaches kid? I thought Highlands had a good 8th grader going into 9th but I didn't see anyone that stood out. The games I saw both teams lost to decent but average Indiana teams.
    You must be talking about the JV only and not the V. Highlands V went 3-1 and won all games by 20+ points if I remember correctly. The only loss was after playing 2 in a row and went cold(no excuses) against a decent team.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    456

    Quote Originally Posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD View Post
    You must be talking about the JV only and not the V. Highlands V went 3-1 and won all games by 20+ points if I remember correctly. The only loss was after playing 2 in a row and went cold(no excuses) against a decent team.
    I only saw Highlands one game against a team I know very well. That team was also coming off a game right before. Maybe Highlands was cold that game. I think Madison's (out of Indiana) press had something to do with it. I am aware of Vinson and he's a good player. I saw Newport two games and they won by 2 the first game I saw them and lost the game against Madison. Coach Snapp was quite the "character" on the sidelines for Newport.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,502

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYBallCoach View Post
    I think NCC and Conner will be in the mix as well. And don’t sleep on St Henry and Holy Cross.
    St. Henry has a very nice Junior class.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    35

    Last night I went and watched Cov Cath scrimmage. Came away very impressed. The following is what I saw:
    1) Chandler Starks is going to be a issue the next four years! It’s scary that he is just a freshman!
    2) The new 7”0 player that recently move from out of town due to parents job. Did a lot of good things last night( ran the floor, dunked a few and had a few 3’s

    3) They could play 11/ 12 deep this year
    4) They still have Coach Horn’s kid moving in from Texas.
    5) Grant Disken had a really good summer. He is the key to how far they go! During the scrimmage played hard.

Top