8th Region Rankings 1/11/15
As it gets colder outside and Christmas Tournaments are over, you will see some interesting scores out there in Kentucky. Tough part of the schedules coming up for teams, district seeding hold big implications moving forward. Only about 7 weeks till District Tournament's, hard to believe. Across the state the All A Regional Tournaments are under way.
1. Owen County-Still in my number #1 spot, they knocked off Walton Verona and Henry this week. Owen County will need some challenges this month, they are eyeing the big prize an All A state tournament birth.
2. South Oldham- Only game this week was a big one, the defeated Oldham County and it moves them into our #2 spot, the guards were big for the Dragons, as they look to secure the #1 seed in the 29th.
3. Oldham County- Tough week for the Colonels, but realistically it would of been a tough week for any team, they lost @ Scott County, South Oldham, and Ballard. Those 3 games were all competitive and it will make the young Colonels grow up some.
4. Collins-The Titans keep moving up my rankings, they have a starter out but it has not stopped them from winning 2 games against John Hardin and Spencer Co. They got a tough week coming up the South Oldham Dragons and crosstown rival Shelby Co.
5. Simon Kenton- A much needed win against Harrison County, and then a loss against Scott High on the road, and what a game it was. Atmsophere of a regional final will do nothing but help the Pioneers, they have to fix the turnover bugaboo.
6. North Oldham- The mustangs are figuring things out, lost to Waggener in a great contest, got wins against a good Valley team that beat Oldham earlier this year, and a win against Eminence, a dark horse the mustangs are.
7. Anderson County- young and inconsistent, but very dangerous moving forward, they go on the road and beat Shelby County Friday, lost at home Saturday to Gallatin County in triple OT, what a game. 1 step forward and 2 back for the Bearcats.
8. Walton Verona-Lost to Owen Co, win against Villa Madona, the Bearcats have only played 13 games, will know more about them by the end of this month.
9. Shelby County-Lost to KCD, and at home to Anderson, the Rockets are in the same boat as teams 5-16 in my rankings, inconsistent. They will have a chance this month to move up rankings but have to get some wins to do so.
10. Henry County- beat Carroll County this time on the road, then lost to Owen and Lloyd Memorial, inconsistent for the Wildcats, guard play has to get better for them moving forward
11. Spencer County-lost at Nelson County, and lost a heart breaker to Collins by 2 on the road, they were ahead 11-0, and had the Titans on the ropes in a big district game.
12. Grant County- beat Williamstown in OT, lost to Crispus Attucks, IN. The Braves will have to get going if they want to return to Henry County in March
13. Williamstown-lost to Henry Clay and Grant Co in OT, got a win against Trimble. The Demons are getting better.
14. Carroll County- beat Gallatin by 1 in huge seed game, lost to Henry in OT, will be interesting to see if they can beat Gallatin in the All A this week first game of the tourney.
15. Gallatin Co- A big win at Anderson Co, and Eminence. Lost to Carroll by 1 but get a chance at them again this week. Don't look now but Wildcats are getting better.
16. Eminence- lost to Gallatin and North Oldham, got a win against Evangel Christian. They get Williamstown in the All A, chance to move up my rankings.
17. Trimble- lost to Spencer and Williamstown, got the Walton Vernona boys in the All A this week.