Many of these teams are now starting to play each other, which should give us a better idea on who can win this region. I still think it is an 8 team race. As in whatever 8 teams make the regional tournament have a chance. There is also a separation between the top 10 and the rest of the field.
I could see any of these four making out very tough district.
They bottom half of the team’s 11- 18 just won’t be able to pull an upset
11. Brown have been without leading scorer Fife (20 ppg) for a few games. If he is out for a while it could be a really long season for them.
12. Portland Christian. I do not see Shawnee on their schedule, not sure if they opted out of district play but if they did don’t see why they would play central.
13. St. Francis- have been playing better as of late and have a good chance to beat silver grove this week. Before they go into all A play against Whitefield.
14. Atherton is really struggling this year, 7 of their loss have been by 7 points or fewer. If they can start finding a way to win the close one they can turn the season around. The schedule gets a little easier the second half. They did win a tight one over collegiate on Saturday.
15. Seneca- they do have 3 winnable games coming up Fairdale, Lou. Holy Cross and Atherton (district game). They need to win 2 of these for confidence.
16. Collegiate. Is playing better and that is in large part to a 6’8 transfer from ST.X who started playing right around Christmas break. A win over Atherton could have been he for them. They have Portland Christian on the 11th. Which I see them winning.
17. Shawnee- they continue to struggle and looking to get a few wins in All A winning the 6th region All A could be a saving grace for a struggling team and season.
18. Walden they are not very good but they do have Michael Harris who is the best player in the region most have never heard of. He is avg. around 37 a game and can keep them in most games.