6th Region Week 9 Review
1. Butler (16-7): The Bears battled in a pair of overtime games, defeating DuPont Manual prior to falling to Pleasure Ridge Park. Maurice Tolley and Willard Minter are combining to average over 25 points per game for Butler, which is shooting 33 percent from 3-point range.
2. Bullitt Central (14-8): The Cougars bounced back to beat rival Bullitt East in overtime following a loss to North Bullitt. Jacob Mann is averaging 15 points per game for the Bullitt Central boys' basketball team.
3. Jeffersontown (13-8): The Chargers absorbed a three-point loss to Ballard. The trio of Blake Butler (16.2 ppg), Chris Trigg (13.2 ppg) and Brandon Rayzer-Moore (12.5 ppg) continues to lead the Jeffersontown boys' basketball team.
4. DeSales (12-8): The Colts split two games, defeating Doss before suffering a six-point loss to Southern. Keegan Brewer (21.3 ppg) and Matthew Ruckreigle (19.9 ppg) are combining to average 40-plus points per game for the DeSales boys' basketball team.
5. Fern Creek (11-9): The Tigers recorded back-to-back wins, beating Bullitt East and Southern. Fern Creek has prevailed in eight of its last 11 games.
6. Pleasure Ridge Park (12-8): The Panthers posted a pair of wins, one of which was a victory over Butler. Darius Osborne is averaging over 14 points per game for the Pleasure Ridge Park boys' basketball team.
7. Valley (10-9): The Vikings split a pair of games. However, Valley has posted wins in seven of its last 10 matchups.
8. Southern (10-9): The Trojans downed DeSales then dropped a matchup to Fern Creek. Tobias Thompson (13.2 ppg) and Isaiah Jackson (10.7 ppg) rank as Southern's top two scorers.
9. Moore (10-9): Following a loss, Moore claimed back-to-back wins. Justin Weaver is averaging a team-high 14 points per game for the Mustangs.
10. Bullitt East (11-11): After suffering back-to-back losses to Fern Creek and Bullitt Central, Bullitt East knocked off Collins. Zak Perdew (15.1 ppg) and Thomas Wisehart (13.1 ppg) are combining to lead the Chargers.
11. Fairdale (10-12): The Bulldogs won two of three games, claiming wins over St. Francis and North Bullitt.
12. Doss (8-15): The Dragons suffered a lopsided loss to DeSales but bounced back to beat Fairdale.
13. Holy Cross (10-9): The Cougars lost to Walton-Verona in the opening round of the All 'A' Classic state tournament.
14. Western (7-14): The Warriors notched a win over Iroquois before losing to Waggener.
15. North Bullitt (6-18): The Eagles knocked off rival Bullitt Central but fell to Fairdale.
16. Iroquois (5-17): The Raiders dropped back-to-back games, falling to Western and Knox Central.
17. Evangel Christian (8-12): The Eagles notched back-to-back wins, defeating Burgin and Danville Christian.
18. Whitefield Academy (8-13): The Wildcats dropped a game to Bethlehem then beat Shawnee at historic Hoosier Gym in Knightstown, Ind.
19. Beth Haven (4-12): The Bearcats notched their fourth win in the 2018-19 season prior to dropping back-to-back games.