6th Region Week 8 Review
1. Butler (15-6): The Bears suffered a one-point loss to Bullitt East in the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament but still own the best record in the 6th Region. Maurice Tolley and Willard Minter are combining to score 24 points per game for the Bears.
2. Bullitt Central (13-7): The Cougars dropped two of three games in Week 8, falling to Trinity and Western before beating Elizabethtown. Jacob Mann is averaging 16-plus points per game for the Cougars.
3. Jeffersontown (13-7): The Chargers knocked off Central prior to falling to Waggener in overtime in the semifinals of the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament. Blake Butler continues to lead Jeffersontown in scoring with a 17 points per game average.
4. DeSales (11-7): Falling in its lone game in Week 8, DeSales lost to Seneca in the opening round of the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament. Keegan Brewer and Matthew Ruckreigle continue to average 20-plus points per game for the Colts.
5. Fern Creek (9-9): The Tigers flirted with a victory before Male held on to win 38-36 in the opening round of the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament. Jaden Rogers averages a team-high 18.2 points per game for the Tigers.
6. Pleasure Ridge Park (10-8): The Panthers topped St. Xavier before falling to Ballard in the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament. Darius Osborne is leading Fern Creek, averaging 14.4 points per game.
7. Valley (9-8): The Vikings suffered a lopsided loss to Waggener in the opening round of the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament. The loss halted a five-game Valley winning streak.
8. Southern (9-8): The Trojans topped Holy Cross to stop a four-game losing skid. Southern returned to the win column for the first time since December 27.
9. Moore (8-8): Suffering its second straight loss, Moore fell to Eastern. Currently, Kalon Howard and Quintin Anderson rank as Moore's top two scorers.
10. Bullitt East (10-9): The Chargers upset Butler but then fell to Seneca in the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament.
11. Doss (7-14): The Dragons lost back-to-back games to Ballard and St. Xavier in Week 8, falling to the Bruins in the Republic Bank Louisville Invitational Tournament.
12. Fairdale (8-11): The Bulldogs prevailed in a lone matchup at home, downing DuPont Manual.
13. Holy Cross (10-8): The Cougars defeated Iroquois after falling to Southern.
14. Western (6-13): The Warriors absorbed a three-point loss to Eastern before upending Bullitt Central on the road by the same margin.
15. North Bullitt (5-17): The Eagles suffered back-to-back losses to LaRue County and Oldham County.
16. Iroquois (5-15): Following a loss to Holy Cross, Iroquois notched a win over Carroll County to halt an eight-game losing skid.
17. Whitefield Academy (7-12): The Wildcats dropped a game to Portland Christian then beat Evangel Christian.
18. Evangel Christian (6-12): Splitting games in Week 8, Evangel Christian handled Heritage Academy prior to falling to Whitefield Academy.
19. Beth Haven (3-10): Currently on a five-game losing skid, Beth Haven was idle in Week 8.