6th Region Week 3 Review
6th Region Week 3 Review
1. Butler (6-2): The Bears split a pair of games in Week 3, beating 22nd District rival Western before falling to 7th Region title contender Male. Jadon Lamb, Maurice Tolley, Marquis Dorsey and Willard Minter combine to lead a balanced Butler offensive attack.
2. Jeffersontown (5-2): The Chargers split games in Week 3, falling to Spencer County before defeating Western. The duo of Blake Butler and Brandon Rayzer-Moore has emerged as a tough tandem for the Jeffersontown boys' basketball team.
3. Bullitt Central (5-1): The Cougars carry a five-game winning streak into Week 4 of the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season. In Week 3, Bullitt Central defeated both Moore and North Bullitt. Through six games, Jacob Mann is averaging 22.2 points per game for the Cougars.
4. Pleasure Ridge Park (5-2): One of the hottest teams in the 6th Region, Pleasure Ridge Park put together three straight wins in Week 3, notching victories over Valley, Bullitt East and Holy Cross (Louisville).Through seven games, Darius Osborne (14.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg) was leading Pleasure Ridge Park in both scoring and rebounding.
5. Moore (6-2): The Mustangs posted back-to-back wins after falling to Bullitt Central in Week 3. Through eight games, Quintin Anderson and Dowan Green are averaging 10 points apiece for the Moore boys' basketball team.
6. Valley (3-5): The Vikings split games in Week 3, dropping a contest to Pleasure Ridge Park before edging Fern Creek. DeJuan Wheat-coached Valley outlasted Fern Creek 74-73.
7. Fern Creek (3-6): The Tigers dropped three of four games in Week 3. After rolling past Whitefield Academy, Fern Creek lost games to Male, Valley and Cooper.
8. DeSales (6-1): Continuing to show improvement, DeSales notched wins over Fairdale, Elizabethtown and Bullitt East in Week 3. The Colts are currently on a five-game winning streak.
9. Doss (3-7): The Dragons remained in the loss column in Week 3, suffering losses to LaRue County, Seneca and George Rogers Clark. Doss faltered after notching back-to-back wins over Iroquois and Fern Creek and pushing Christian County.
10. Southern (5-2): The Trojans notched back-to-back wins over DuPont Manual and Brown prior to falling to Waggener in Week 3. Three scorers - Tobias Thompson (14.6 ppg), Isaiah Jackson (13.1 ppg) and Devonte Wilson -(10,9 ppg) - continue to combine to lead the Southern boys' basketball team.
11. Bullitt East (2-5): The Chargers continued to struggle as part of a four-game slide in Week 3, losing to Pleasure Ridge Park and DeSales.
12. Fairdale (4-4): The Bulldogs put together back-to-back wins in Week 3 to even their overall record to 4-4
13. Iroquois (3-5): Showing some improvement in Week 3, Iroquois defeated both North Bullitt and Frederick Fraize while dropping a game to Fairdale.
14. Whitefield Academy (4-4): The Wildcats split games in Week 3, falling to Fern Creek then defeating Frankfort Christian over a four-day span.
15. Western (2-6): The Warriors dropped back-to-back games to Butler and Jeffersontown in Week 3 and are currently on a four-game losing skid.
16. North Bullitt (2-7): The Eagles continued to slide in Week 3, dropping games to Iroquois, Bullitt Central and Collins.
17. Holy Cross (3-5): The Cougars won one of two games in Week 3, knocking off Sayre before falling to 21st District rival Pleasure Ridge Park.
18. Beth Haven (1-5): Showing improvement in Week 3, Beth Haven edged Evangel Christian 55-53 to notch its first win in the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season.
19. Evangel Christian (2-8): After opening the season 0-7, Evangel Christian entered the win column in Week 3, posting back-to-back wins over over Covington Latin and Danville Christian.