6th Region Week 2 Review
6th Region Week 1 Review
1. Butler (5-1): Preseason favorite Butler suffered an overtime loss to Moore in between notching wins over Bullitt East and Frankfort during Week 2 of the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season. Following a two-point loss to Moore in overtime, less than 24 hours later, Butler defeated Frankfort 71-64 in the Kentucky Bank Shootout at Bourbon County High School on Saturday. The Bears are clinging to the 6th Region's top spot early.
2. Jeffersontown (4-1): The Chargers dipped into the loss column for the first time in the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season in Week 2 but managed to defeat both Atherton and Valley. Eastern dealt Jeffersontown its first loss, defeating the Chargers 64-48. Blake Butler is averaging a double-double of 16 points and 11.2 rebounds per game for the Chargers.
3. Bullitt Central (3-1): The Cougars claimed wins over Nelson County and Louisville Collegiate in Week 2. Through four games, Jacob Mann is averaging 23.8 points for the Cougars. As a team, Bullitt Central is shooting 49 percent from the field. The Cougars are 42-of-104 (40.4 percent) from 3-point range.
4. Moore (4-1): Moore picked up a pair of wins in Week 2, rolling past Shawnee 65-46 and knocking off Butler 57-55 in overtime. Quintin Anderson and Dowan Green are averaging 13 points apiece for the much-improved Mustangs.
5. Pleasure Ridge Park (2-2): After opening the season 0-2, Pleasure Ridge Park recovered in Week 2. The Panthers notched back-to-back wins over DuPont Manual and Western. Pleasure Ridge Park's balanced offensive attack has featured multiple leaders thus far in the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season.
6. Fern Creek (2-3): Fern Creek lost two of its three games in Week 2, continuing an up and down start in the 2018-19 boys' high school basketball season. The Tigers topped Seneca before falling to Doss in overtime and to Trinity in regulation. Fern Creek is scheduled to take the floor for six games in a busy stretch Dec. 10-18.
7. Doss (3-4): The Dragons won two of three games as part of a busy week. Doss defeated Iroquois and Fern Creek before falling to Christian County. The Dragons outlasted Fern Creek 73-71 in overtime on Friday, Dec. 7 .
8. Valley (2-4): The Vikings, following an 0-3 start, posted wins over Beth Haven and Brown before suffering an eight-point loss to Jeffersontown. Valley won convincingly over both Beth Haven and Brown.
9. Bullitt East (2-3): The Chargers pushed Butler before dropping a six-point decision; then fell to Marion County in the Clem Haskins Classic at Taylor County High School. Marion County beat Bullitt East 80-68. Zak Perdew leads Bullitt East with a 15.6 points per game scoring average.
10. Southern (3-1): The Trojans notched back-to-back wins over North Bullitt and Fairdale in Week 2. Isaiah Jackson is averaging a team-high 18.3 points per game for the Trojans. Tobias Thompson is averaging a double-double of 16 points and a team-high 12.8 rebounds per game for the Southern boys' basketball team.
11. DeSales (3-1): Following a loss to Bardstown, DeSales claimed back-to-back wins in Week 2, defeating Henry County 72-66 in the Kentucky 2A sectional tournament and topping Christian Academy-Louisville 73-61.
12. Fairdale (2-3): The Bulldogs are on a three-game slide following additional losses to Louisville Collegiate and Southern.
13. North Bullitt (2-4): The Eagles' losing streak stretched to four games following losses to Southern, Holy Cross (Louisville) and DuPont Manual.
14. Iroquois (1-4): The Raiders lost to Doss, DuPont Manual and Gallatin County but pushed for wins in each of their first two games in Week 2.
15. Whitefield Academy (3-3): The Wildcats showed improvement during the second week of the season, notching back-to-back wins over Brown and Villa Madonna following a loss to Kentucky Country Day.
16. Western (1-2): The Warriors went 1-2 in week 2, knocking off Holy Cross before dropping back-to-back games to Pleasure Ridge Park and LaRue County.
17. Holy Cross (2-4): The Cougars split a pair of games in Week 2, falling to Western before outlasting Sayre 70-66.
18. Beth Haven (0-4): The Bearcats remain winless following a lopsided 21st District loss to Valley.
19. Evangel Christian (0-5): Remaining winless, Evangel Christian suffered a lopsided loss to host Portland Christian in Week 2.