1) Bullitt East (17-4)- A surprising loss to Bardstown does not knock BE from the #1 spot and they rebounded with a large margin victory over JTown. They still have yet to be beaten by any 6th region team this year. Next two games are also against out of region teams and should be easy victories. The loss to Bardstown may actually be a blessing in disguise as BE will not take any team lightly after that loss.
2) Doss (16-4)- Doss showed no rust from their layoff, they simply blew out 3 teams including two teams from the 6th region, PRP & Moore. They are hitting stride and clearly the #2 team ahead of Fern Creek or North Bullitt. Tony Williams is doing a very good job of coaching this season, even better than when they went to Rupp last year.
3) Fern Creek (12-9)- Fern Creek beat Waggener on the road and then lost by 3 to St. X on the road. Considered putting North Bullitt ahead of Fern Creek this week, but the same St. X team that Fern Creek just lost to by 3 in a game that Fern Creek led most of the way played North Bullitt at the LIT and NB lost by 18 points.
4) North Bullitt (20-3)- Went 3-0 since last rankings but those teams were not expected to provide any challenge. NB beat rival Bullitt Central by 12 after winning thier earlier game in the season by 5. Two teams from the 6th region await NB, Moore & JTown.
5) Valley (15-8)- Valley won all three games against Atherton, Western, & Fairdale with PRP coming up. Valley has established themselves as a clear Top 5 team in the 6th and will likely be favored to beat PRP this week.
6) Southern (12-9)- Southern had a large margin victory over Shawnee in their only game. They really do not have a signature win over a quality opponent, but they have beaten the average teams more than they have not in the 6th with a 6-5 regional record.
7) Western (9-9)- Western lost badly to Valley, but they thrashed Iroquois. They have Butler in their next game.
8) PRP (9-8)- Not a good point in the season for PRP as they lost two games in a row to Doss, this time by 15 and then were blown out by Central by 29. Holy Cross and Valley come next and they have dominated both in years past but they are vulnerable right now. They have dropped 4 in a row and 5 out of their last 6 games.
9) Butler (9-10)- Last week has produced two losses to Central and Manual. They have a chance to get back on the winning track against Western which is a rival game.
10) Moore (8-11)- Moore had 4 games and split 2-2 over the past week. The best win was a 20 point win over Atherton who is not anywhere near the top of the 7th. The worst loss was a 38 point defeat against 6th region foe Doss.
11) Jeffersontown (8-13)- JTown jumps 5 spots after going 2-1 with a win over Fairdale and also Seneca. However, they also lost to Bullitt East by almost 30. They are a much better team now than two weeks ago and will only continue to improve.
12) Fairdale (8-12)- Team has struggled of late and lost to JTown and Valley last week. They should win their next game against Beth Haven.
13) Holy Cross (9-13)- A good week for Holy Cross with a 2-1 record including a win over Somerset from the tough 12th region.
14) Beth Haven (15-8)- Lost to Holy Cross and likely is not going to beat Fairdale whom the play next.
15) DeSales (6-13)- A win over Bullitt Central by 1 gets them the nod over BC for the 15th spot, but not by much.
16) Bullitt Central (6-15)- BC had a good week going 2-2, but the wins were over Shawnee and Whitefield Academy
17) Iroquois (7-15)- Wheels have fallen off as they go 0-3 last week and nine game losing streak is troublesome.
18) Evangel Christian (9-8)- Only 1 win in the region against Whitefield against 5 losses.
19) Whitefield Academy (2-20)- Two more losses by about 50 points in each game.