5th Region Week 10 Review
1. John Hardin (25-2): In an intriguing rematch, John Hardin defeated Elizabethtown 75-72. The Bulldogs beat Bowling Green but suffered a loss to Henry Clay on a neutral floor at Lafayette High School. Alex Mathews is averaging a double-double of 23.7 points and 10.6 rebounds per game for the Bulldogs.
2. Elizabethtown (19-2): Following a three-point loss to John Hardin, Elizabethtown rolled past Fort Knox 92-55. Elizabethtown has won three of its last four games. Jaquais Franklin is averaging 20.9 points per game for the Panthers.
3. Bardstown (19-6): The Tigers are on a 13-game winning streak. Bardstown claimed wins over Bethlehem, Nelson County and Greenwood during the first full week in February. One of the top players in the region, JJ Traynor is averaging a double-double of 19.8 points and 11.4 rebounds per game for the Tigers.
4. LaRue County (16-6): The Hawks suffered a setback to Oldham County before defeating North Hardin. LaRue County has won nine of its last 11 games. A proven scorer, Mark Goode is averaging 23.1 points per game for the Hawks.
5. Marion County (16-7): The Knights edged rival Campbellsville 60-58. Marion County is on a four-game winning streak. Jamison Epps is averaging 18.1 points and 13 rebounds per game for the Marion County boys' basketball team.
6. Central Hardin (10-13): The Bruins posted wins over Fort Knox and Barren County to push a winning streak to three games. Gavin George is averaging 13.9 points and 6.5 rebounds per game for Central Hardin in the 2019-20 boys' high school basketball season.
7. Taylor County (13-11): Continuing to win, Taylor County topped Caverna and Christian County. The Cardinals are on a three-game winning streak and have won nine of their last 11 games. Kybrin Smith is averaging 17.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per game for the Cardinals.
8. Adair County (11-14): The Indians claimed back-to-back wins over Butler County and Campbellsville. Adair County carried a three-game winning streak into the week. Lucas Pooler is averaging 12.7 points per game for the Indians.
9. Campbellsville (9-13): The Eagles opened February with back-to-back losses, falling to Marion County and Adair County. Malachi Corley continues to lead Campbellsville, averaging 16.1 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.
10. North Hardin (8-15): Following a loss to LaRue County, the Trojans' losing streak extended to three games. North Hardin has lost four of its last five games. Through January, Naasir Johnson was averaging 15 points per game for the Trojans.
11. Nelson County (11-15): The Cardinals split games, beating Bethlehem before falling to Bardstown. Nelson County has lost five of its last eight games.
12. Hart County (10-12): The Raiders have not played since January 31. Hart County has won four of its last six games.
13. Thomas Nelson (9-15): Showing improvement, Thomas Nelson opened February with wins over Washington County and Bethlehem. The Generals are riding a three-game winning streak.
14. Bethlehem (9-14): Remaining in the loss column, Bethlehem dropped games to Nelson County, Bardstown and Thomas Nelson.
15. Fort Knox (5-15): The Eagles dropped three straight games, falling to Central Hardin, Elizabethtown and Kentucky Country Day. Fort Knox has won one of its last eight games.
16. Green County (5-14): The Dragons have not played since January 28. However, Green has won back-to-back games.
17. Caverna (5-16): Slipping back into the loss column, Caverna dropped games to Taylor County and Christian Academy-Louisville.
18. Washington County (2-23): Remaining in the loss column, Washington County lost games to Thomas Nelson and Henry County.