50/40/90 Club

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    50/40/90 Club

    How many Kentucky high school players out there have hit this mark for the season? 50% or greater fg, 40% or greater 3 pt, 90% or greater ft.

    For the 11th Region I believe Jake Duby/Sayre School was the only one (52.8% fg, 44% 3pt, 91% ft). Full disclosure; he is my son and he set that as an individual goal for the season. While discussing it recently we were wondering how many others across the state have reached those numbers.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    362

    Impressive stats....just as impressive as you disclosing that he is your son. Congrats to him on a great season.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    903

    I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

    By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?

  4. #4
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    14,699

    I'm with @Smallhoops. The impressive number is the 90% from the charity stripe. Congrats to your boy.

  5. #5
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,769

    Going off the KHSAA site, only one other player shot over 90% from the line on the season. Noah Cunningham from North Hopkins.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    903

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Going off the KHSAA site, only one other player shot over 90% from the line on the season. Noah Cunningham from North Hopkins.
    Looks like he did not hit the other two numbers.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Quote Originally Posted by Smallhoops View Post
    I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

    By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?
    He is going to USC. Not playing basketball.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    903

    Quote Originally Posted by Juke View Post
    He is going to USC. Not playing basketball.
    He had a great, great year. Much to be proud of. Congratulations to both you and Jake.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    I had the pleasure of watching Jake Duby in Nelson County at their tournament in 2015-16 and he was a complete joy to watch. I can't imagine there are many people who have hit those numbers in the history of high school basketball in KY.

    Congrats to Jake and good luck in all of his future endeavors.

  10. #10
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,688

    Jake Ohmer was close
    52.7% FG
    41.6% 3FG
    86.0% FT

  11. #11
    Lawnboy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    46,481

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    Jake Ohmer was close
    52.7% FG
    41.6% 3FG
    86.0% FT
    Pitiful, schooly should be taken away.


    Sidenote.....those are impressive numbers.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    Jake Ohmer was close
    52.7% FG
    41.6% 3FG
    86.0% FT
    Just for fun the numbers comparison when they (Duby and Omher) played common opponents (6) looks like the following:
    Omher - 24.29 ppg, 46% fg, 44% 3 pt., 95% ft
    Duby - 25.33 ppg, 51% fg, 55% 3 pt., 78% ft

    Pretty decent numbers for both young men. I had the privilege of watching Omher play a few games and came away very impressed. As for Duby, I never missed a high school game of his and wether they won or lost, I enjoyed every minute of each one.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    903

    [QUOTE=As for Duby, I never missed a high school game of his and wether they won or lost, I enjoyed every minute of each one.[/QUOTE]

    Totally agree. I was there for every minute of every game my son played in his high school career. He and his teammates had their fair share of both wins and losses, but I couldn't imagine not being there for every one.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    685

    I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake1978j View Post
    I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..
    He had some options to play but ultimately decided that he was just ready to move on with life and see what else is out there for him. He loves the game and thoroughly enjoyed high school basketball but as he put it, "it's something I do not who I am".

Top