2A Classic - Section 3

Page 3 of January 7 at home sites Holmes @ Scott Mason County @ Pendleton County Bourbon County @ Harrison County Western Hills @ Mercer County Semifinals Januar... 42 comments | 4385 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,479

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    In the 10th, the 40th District play each team twice and in the 37th District they play once. Not sure what the 38th will do next year as its their first year seeding. No one in the 10th in this tournament play twice during the season unless the 38th does it with Pendleton County and Harrison County.
    Mason did not play Augusta during the season last year.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,117

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Mason did not play Augusta during the season last year.
    Augusta and Bracken also did not play. I didn't mention the 39th since they are not required to play each other.

  3. #33
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,479

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    Augusta and Bracken also did not play. I didn't mention the 39th since they are not required to play each other.
    My bad, I just saw the tenth. Mason will never play them all until a seed is required.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,843

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    This deal will never fly with just 45 of the 72 committed.
    Might be a silly question, but how many of the eligible schools schools compete in the All ďAĒ??

    Iím not surprised everyone didnít sign up for year one. They do have almost 2/3 of the eligible schools participating, so I think thatís a decent start.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,015

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    Might be a silly question, but how many of the eligible schools schools compete in the All “A”??

    I’m not surprised everyone didn’t sign up for year one. They do have almost 2/3 of the eligible schools participating, so I think that’s a decent start.
    I stand to be corrected, but I'm guessing that 95 % plus participate in the All A, but it has been around awhile. With that being said I would have thought we would have saw a larger participation number in the 2A.

  6. #36
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,290

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I stand to be corrected, but I'm guessing that 95 % plus participate in the All A, but it has been around awhile. With that being said I would have thought we would have saw a larger participation number in the 2A.
    The 14th region has 12 of 16 schools eligible for the All A Classic and all 12 compete in it. I’m sure every region does not have 100% participation, though.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 18
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I stand to be corrected, but I'm guessing that 95 % plus participate in the All A, but it has been around awhile. With that being said I would have thought we would have saw a larger participation number in the 2A.
    The All A started with just the northern Kentucky schools. Within 3 years you will see 95% or better participation in the 2A.

  8. #38
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,042

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I stand to be corrected, but I'm guessing that 95 % plus participate in the All A, but it has been around awhile. With that being said I would have thought we would have saw a larger participation number in the 2A.
    Riverside Christian, Walden, and Kentucky School for the Deaf are the only ones that would be eligible that I don't believe participate. I think Covington Latin has been off and on over the years. But your 95% guess is probably right on, if not low-balling.

  9. #39
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,042

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    The 14th region has 12 of 16 schools eligible for the All A Classic and all 12 compete in it. I’m sure every region does not have 100% participation, though.
    Riverside doesn't

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,252

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Riverside Christian, Walden, and Kentucky School for the Deaf are the only ones that would be eligible that I don't believe participate. I think Covington Latin has been off and on over the years. But your 95% guess is probably right on, if not low-balling.
    There were some schools in far Western Kentucky that recently chose not to participate in the All A Classic. Three, I think.

  11. #41
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,290

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Riverside doesn't
    I thought they did; wasn’t aware they had stopped. I know they once played in it.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    1,250

    The western Kentucky schools that chose to sit out of the All A only did so for the 2016-2017 season. They participated again in 2017-2018

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,185

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    In the 10th, the 40th District play each team twice and in the 37th District they play once. Not sure what the 38th will do next year as its their first year seeding. No one in the 10th in this tournament play twice during the season unless the 38th does it with Pendleton County and Harrison County.
    My understanding is that the 38th will play each other once next year and home and home the following years. Harrison and Pendleton did play each other twice this past year-good gate for both schools.

Top