2019 King of the Bluegrass Field Set

  1. #1
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,567

    2019 King of the Bluegrass Field Set

    The KOB will be Dec. 19-23rd this year, below are the participating teams.

    Kentucky Teams

    Trinity
    Madisonville-North Hopkins
    Male
    Ballard
    Clay County
    Collins
    Fairdale
    LaRue County
    McCracken County
    North Oldham
    Sheldon Clark
    South Oldham

    Out of State Teams
    Brentwood Academy (TN)
    Wycote Bishop McDevitt (PA)
    Miami Palmetto (FL)
    Trotwood Madison (OH)
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,988

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The KOB will be Dec. 19-23rd this year, below are the participating teams.

    Kentucky Teams

    Trinity
    Madisonville-North Hopkins
    Male
    Ballard
    Clay County
    Collins
    Fairdale
    LaRue County
    McCracken County
    North Oldham
    Sheldon Clark
    South Oldham

    Out of State Teams
    Brentwood Academy (TN)
    Wycote Bishop McDevitt (PA)
    Miami Palmetto (FL)
    Trotwood Madison (OH)
    I know Brentwood is always solid. I don't know about the PA or FL schools. But I do know that Trotwood Madison is in the Dayton area and is the reigning Ohio D-II state champion and have made it to at least the state semifinals each of the last three years.

  3. #3
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,708

    *sigh* Another year of disappointment for me....

  4. #4
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,686

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The KOB will be Dec. 19-23rd this year, below are the participating teams.

    Kentucky Teams

    Trinity
    Madisonville-North Hopkins
    Male
    Ballard
    Clay County
    Collins
    Fairdale
    LaRue County
    McCracken County
    North Oldham
    Sheldon Clark
    South Oldham

    Out of State Teams
    Brentwood Academy (TN)
    Wycote Bishop McDevitt (PA)
    Miami Palmetto (FL)
    Trotwood Madison (OH)
    Boy are they going to be disappointed when they find out that Sheldon Clark isn't reopening its doors in August

  5. #5
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,567

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Boy are they going to be disappointed when they find out that Sheldon Clark isn't reopening its doors in August
    Im sure that will be an easy spot to fill if that's the case.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,567

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    *sigh* Another year of disappointment for me....
    Looking for someone in particular?

  7. #7
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,686

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Im sure that will be an easy spot to fill if that's the case.
    They're essentially just renaming the school. New school building for 2019/20, new school name for 2019/20. Sheldon Clark is going to be Martin County.

  8. #8
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,708

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Looking for someone in particular?
    My team, Warren Central. They went five times between 2003/2004 and 2010/2011 and haven't been back since.

    It's not a commentary on the field. The tournament is always great. I just miss seeing my team in it.

  9. #9
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    904

    No Northern KY team in the field...oh well, guess I get to avoid a bunch of mid-week down-and-backs to south Louisville.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,012

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    No Northern KY team in the field...oh well, guess I get to avoid a bunch of mid-week down-and-backs to south Louisville.
    I'm guessing CCH declined, might be playing out of state.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    77

    I would love to see John Hardin. I don't know what happened between KOB and JH, but man between Pearson and Matthews; you would hope that they could at least sniff the field one of those years. Always a good tourney so can't complain that much.

  12. #12
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    813

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    No Northern KY team in the field...oh well, guess I get to avoid a bunch of mid-week down-and-backs to south Louisville.
    No teams from Northern KY, no teams from Central KY, only two teams out of twelve are from east of I-75, and six teams out of twelve are from Jefferson & Oldham counties.


  13. #13
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,567

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    No Northern KY team in the field...oh well, guess I get to avoid a bunch of mid-week down-and-backs to south Louisville.
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    No teams from Northern KY, no teams from Central KY, only two teams out of twelve are from east of I-75, and six teams out of twelve are from Jefferson & Oldham counties.
    All these regions have been well represented at KOB in the past.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    109

    I was hoping to see a fourth region team. Bg or Central would’ve been nice to see up there, or even Glasgow possibly. Also I thought Marshall County may have been in the field as well.

  15. #15
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,184

    Kenny White will sell some tickets.

Top