2018 Region Players of the Year per the KABC

Page 2 of 1st: JJ Reed, Paducah Tilghman 2nd: Detorrion Ware, Christian County 3rd: G... 38 comments | 5535 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,824

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Always one somebody to minimize something kids worked hard for. Regardless of who voted or what organization voted....congrats to every one of you hard working young men.
    Is that what I am doing? Really...

    It shocks me how we all want transparency and then we get a little and someone has a problem with it.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,165

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    There are a lot of things about having to PAY to be a part of an award process that strike me as shady.
    I’m not sure why it is shady.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Is that what I am doing? Really...

    It shocks me how we all want transparency and then we get a little and someone has a problem with it.
    My point is for us to just let the kids enjoy whatever award this is. If it came from the Kellogg Corp or the Association of xyz, it's still an honor. This will all wash out in the end, we kinda know who the Mr. Bball candidates will be and i'm fairly sure Kunk and CJ will be in the mix. I was told that coaches in the organization (and all aren't apparently) submitted votes and you can't vote for your own player.

  4. #19
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,593

    The KABC is not some "come lately" organization.

    The KABC has recognized the annual POYs and Coaches of the Year, annually at the "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament on the floor at Rupp Arena for as far back as I can remember.

    Their website lists POYs and COYs dating back to 1996.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    I am thrilled for Will and his family. He is such a great young man, in the classroom, and on and off the court. Very deserving of 10th Region Player of the Year.

    Congrats Will!!!!!!.
    Big Congrats to Woll

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    I am thrilled for Will and his family. He is such a great young man, in the classroom, and on and off the court. Very deserving of 10th Region Player of the Year.

    Congrats Will!!!!!!.
    Big Congrats to Will "The Cadillac" Philpot from your fans in NKY!!!

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Key Largo, Florida
    Posts
    229

    If the two Hopkinsville stars had played healthy and all season they would have been considered

  8. #23
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,255


    Will Philpot is a Mr. Basketball finalist out of Clark County, 10th Region.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    403

    I don’t see how Philpot got 10th region honors over Eric Johnson, Titus Ransom or Levi Dunaway?? The overall team records must have something to do with the voting seeing that all the finalist are from ranked teams when there are clearly better players in the state

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    The KABC is not some "come lately" organization.

    The KABC has recognized the annual POYs and Coaches of the Year, annually at the "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament on the floor at Rupp Arena for as far back as I can remember.

    Their website lists POYs and COYs dating back to 1996.
    Maybe so, but I think the point being made is you and I could open our own little stand on a street corner and ask people to come up and vote for, say, 4 hours. Then we tally the votes and announce winners. Sound legit?

    It's just like region first team, second team, etc. honors. That all mostly comes down to how the wind is whipping a particular day.

  11. #26
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,255

    Quote Originally Posted by Pky89 View Post
    I don’t see how Philpot got 10th region honors over Eric Johnson, Titus Ransom or Levi Dunaway?? The overall team records must have something to do with the voting seeing that all the finalist are from ranked teams when there are clearly better players in the state
    The coaches in the 10th region have a different opinion.. They are the ones that did the voting and you can't vote for your own player.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    403

    I forgot Reid Jolly from Campbell also smh

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    Big Congrats to Will "The Cadillac" Philpot from your fans in NKY!!!
    Love that nickname. One of the best!

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by Pky89 View Post
    I forgot Reid Jolly from Campbell also smh
    Again, seniors only award. Reid is a junior.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    403

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Again, seniors only award. Reid is a junior.
    My bad thought he was a senior

Top