2018 Lexington Herald Leader All State Team

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,630

    2018 Lexington Herald Leader All State Team

    1st Team

    Trevon Faulker - Mercer County
    Micheal Moreno - Scott County
    CJ Fredrick - Covington Catholic
    Adam Kunkel - Cooper
    KyKy Tandy - University Heights
    Mickey Pearson - John Hardin
    Andrew Taylor - Corbin
    Dontaie Allen - Pendleton County
    Jay Scrubb - Trinity
    Zion Harmon - Adair County

    218 Kentucky All-State boys basketball team from Kentucky.com/Lexington Herald-Leader | Lexington Herald Leader

    2018 Kentucky High School All State Teams have been announced by the Lexington Herald Leader.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    215

    Great list of great players

  4. #4
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,835

    Hard to pick just 10. A lot of good players this year.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    215

    I feel like individual talent in Kentucky is as strong as it has been in a long time.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    456

    No David Johnson? Wow

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,165

    I have seen all 10 play and all are deserving. It would be very hard for me to pick the best, but if I had to, Tandy is it. I make that decision on who I would build a team around. Again, all are very good players.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,252

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Patrick View Post
    No David Johnson? Wow
    Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

    Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by Smallhoops View Post
    Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

    Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.
    This proves my theory that too many all-state voters vote for what they know - local guys OR they vote for local guys b/c they're homers. If your argument is "I didn't see David Johnson so how could I vote..." then we might as well not have all-star teams.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 18
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    I have seen all 10 play and all are deserving. It would be very hard for me to pick the best, but if I had to, Tandy is it. I make that decision on who I would build a team around. Again, all are very good players.
    I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by balls03 View Post
    I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner
    Imo Tandy is on a different level from the others.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    326

    Agree. He was facing double teams, and squeezing him in transition vs Campbell...and still had 30 Plus. All nice players though, but supporting casts were different for each.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by LethalPG View Post
    Agree. He was facing double teams, and squeezing him in transition vs Campbell...and still had 30 Plus. All nice players though, but supporting casts were different for each.
    Agreed. And I've seen all 10 play. It's just hard to quantify and say who is the best. They all face different challenges on their respective teams. But the ten on this list can flat out play.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,984

    A little surprised that Cobe Penny from Anderson might have made first team. I am really shocked that Devin Young from South Oldham did not even get honorable mention.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    107

    Harmon and Tandy were the best two players in the state last season. 1 and 1A.

Top