2017 All 10th Region Team

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Lexington, Ky.
    Posts
    1,243

    2017 All 10th Region Team

    Here is the 2017 All 10th Region Player Teams. Thanks to all who voted for the players. They will be honored at the annual banquet on March 21st at 6:00 at Paris High School.

    1st Team
    Jake Ohmer - Scott High School
    Austin Crawford - Bracken County
    Dontaie Allen - Pendleton County
    Cole Hegyi - Campbell County
    Jekobi Wells - Paris High School

    2nd Team
    Levi Dunaway - Mason County
    Garren Bertsch - Campbell County
    Will Philpot - GRC
    Eric Johnson - Paris High School
    Ameryon Blackburn - Bourbon County

    3rd Team
    Ryan Cooper - GRC
    Jared Shoemaker - Augusta
    Mason Burden - Robertson County
    Jordan Graham - GRC
    Titus Ransom - Bourbon County

    Honorable Mention: Zach Hamberg, Bryce Donnelly - Bishop Brossart, Brady Jones - Bracken County, Akeem Riley - Calvary Christian, Quenton Turley, Spencer Free - Harrison Co., Jaylen Lofton - Mason Co., Ben Swolsky, Baylen Bauer - St. Patrick, Brennan Canada - Montgomery Co., Chad Ohmer, Nelson Perrin - Scott, Spencer Morris - Nicholas Co., Grant Walsch - Pendleton Co., Tanner Clos - Campbell Co.,

    Aric Russell - 2017 10th Region Coach of the Year

    Terence Brooks - 2017 Class "A" Coach of the Year
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    60,684

    First two teams look perfect. And any third team disagreements I might have would be splitting hairs.

    Congratulations to all those young men!

  3. #3
    Pink Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Hohman, IN
    Posts
    67

    Bertsch from CC should be on the first team. No doubt about it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    The Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Nightmare View Post
    Bertsch from CC should be on the first team. No doubt about it.
    Who are you taking off of the first team then for him to replace?

  5. #5
    Pink Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Hohman, IN
    Posts
    67

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarvey View Post
    Who are you taking off of the first team then for him to replace?
    Wells. I know it's really close, but I go with the kid on the better team. Also, how do you separate Hegyi and Bertsch? Their numbers are identical.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    The Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Nightmare View Post
    Wells. I know it's really close, but I go with the kid on the better team. Also, how do you separate Hegyi and Bertsch? Their numbers are identical.
    I'm convinced Paris would beat Campbell right now, Campbell has had a really disappointing regional tournament in terms of performance, they have played one good half of basketball so far. That being said it's pretty evident Hegyi is THE GUY on that team but I don't see Bertsch as a first team guy. Wells is a player!! I'd take that first team up against any other regions first team any day of the week!!

  7. #7
    Pink Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Hohman, IN
    Posts
    67

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarvey View Post
    I'm convinced Paris would beat Campbell right now, Campbell has had a really disappointing regional tournament in terms of performance, they have played one good half of basketball so far. That being said it's pretty evident Hegyi is THE GUY on that team but I don't see Bertsch as a first team guy. Wells is a player!! I'd take that first team up against any other regions first team any day of the week!!
    You obviously haven't seen CC play this year. This award is for the entire season, not this tourney.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    The Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Nightmare View Post
    You obviously haven't seen CC play this year. This award is for the entire season, not this tourney.
    And you obviously haven't seen Paris play if you think Wells doesn't deserve first team honors

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Lexington, Ky.
    Posts
    1,243

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Nightmare View Post
    Wells. I know it's really close, but I go with the kid on the better team. Also, how do you separate Hegyi and Bertsch? Their numbers are identical.
    Tell that to the coaches ... they voted Wells on the first team and he should stay there! Heck, for that matter, 10 other kids could be on the first team ... your kids can play, but so can Wells! I'll take the first team all day long! If you don't like it, tell the coaches how you really feel or just move to another region who do not have all-region teams!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    715

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Nightmare View Post
    Wells. I know it's really close, but I go with the kid on the better team. Also, how do you separate Hegyi and Bertsch? Their numbers are identical.
    Your logic, the first team should be Hegyi, Bertsch, Day, Geiman and Clos since they're on a better team, correct? Move everyone else down.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    715

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarvey View Post
    I'm convinced Paris would beat Campbell right now, Campbell has had a really disappointing regional tournament in terms of performance, they have played one good half of basketball so far. That being said it's pretty evident Hegyi is THE GUY on that team but I don't see Bertsch as a first team guy. Wells is a player!! I'd take that first team up against any other regions first team any day of the week!!
    Even against the 4th, 6th, 7th and 11th regions? These guys are good but a first team from those regions would be a tall order.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    68

    You can't NVR satisfy everyone on this site...Wells is first team whenever your done hating Pink cookies or whatever your name is...he's a team player...best athlete on the floor every night and plays bball as a past time...I don't put personal business on the site but the 17yr old senior has a bright future in Football or Basketball or Track.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    The Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by LVGambla32 View Post
    Even against the 4th, 6th, 7th and 11th regions? These guys are good but a first team from those regions would be a tall order.
    I'm not saying they'd beat every region in the state. But I wouldn't trade that group for anyone IMO that's a solid group of players, I don't think the regions you mentioned would blow this team out or anything.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    The Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by jozeywells View Post
    You can't NVR satisfy everyone on this site...Wells is first team whenever your done hating Pink cookies or whatever your name is...he's a team player...best athlete on the floor every night and plays bball as a past time...I don't put personal business on the site but the 17yr old senior has a bright future in Football or Basketball or Track.
    Keep your head up dude, the kid proved to anyone in their right mind This season he's a first team player.. he wins the game last night and people talk about him for POY just ran into Ohmer who IMO is the best player in the region and it's not close. Paris had a heck of a season and impressed a lot of people!! Hustle goes along way and those kids played there heart out!

  15. #15
    Pink Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Hohman, IN
    Posts
    67

    Quote Originally Posted by Option Right View Post
    Tell that to the coaches ... they voted Wells on the first team and he should stay there! Heck, for that matter, 10 other kids could be on the first team ... your kids can play, but so can Wells! I'll take the first team all day long! If you don't like it, tell the coaches how you really feel or just move to another region who do not have all-region teams!
    Yeah, well, you know that's just like your opinion, man.

Top