2015-16 12th Region

Page 4 of I guess it's going to be a later start at Danville. My first thought on the Ads...no size. Advertisement Jun 4, 15, 05:21 PM #62 Wireman View Prof... 217 comments | 35823 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Time?
    5:00 p.m.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    5:00 p.m.
    Somerset will be there playing right after Casey and Danville. I am helping SHS out some this summer so I will be there too. Come find me with the coaching staff and say hello.

  3. #48
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by SHS Future View Post
    Somerset will be there playing right after Casey and Danville. I am helping SHS out some this summer so I will be there too. Come find me with the coaching staff and say hello.
    Who does Somerset play?

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyking2534 View Post
    Region would be a stretch...they will compete for a district title with casey. In no way to the clear cut favorite. Casey frontline is huge with two veteran high scoring guards running the show. Also IMO the biggest sleeper in DJ White. I believe 1-5 in the 12th has a chance this year, I truly don't believe anyone is so head and shoulders over everyone like last year.
    DJ White is no sleeper. He is a very intimidating inside presence for Casey.
    I think Pulaski will be slightly ahead of them next year but the district could go to either team. The addition of 6'8" Coldiron for Pulaski is a plus too. He is playing with the Travelers this spring/summer and although not a big contributor, he is still playing in the EYBL. Coldiron is not as offensively skilled as Ross was but he is improving.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Who does Somerset play?
    I'm not sure, but I was under the assumption it was Danville and Casey Co.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    Mercer beat Owen by 20 yesterday. Granted it's only summer ball, but that's a good win.

  7. #52
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    With the transfers, I put Pulaski at the top of the district and possibly the region.
    Mercer County is the best team in the region IMO.

  8. #53
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Mercer beat Owen by 20 yesterday. Granted it's only summer ball, but that's a good win.
    They also lost to Rowan County also but it is summer ball so it doesn't count for much. Mercer's starters didn't come into the Rowan game until there was 4 minutes left in the first half. They were down 11-9 then and then it was tied at 15 and after that Rowan was able to hang on for the win.

  9. #54
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    As another poster said above, I'm not sure they've gained as much from these transfers as they lost due to graduation. Probably about break even. If they get eligible, this puts Pulaski in contention for a district title and makes that district solid for the first time in several years.

    The advantage they have is that the region will be at Pulaski this year. I still don't think this puts them on par with the top 3 teams.
    Who is the #3 team?

  10. #55
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    As another poster said above, I'm not sure they've gained as much from these transfers as they lost due to graduation. Probably about break even. If they get eligible, this puts Pulaski in contention for a district title and makes that district solid for the first time in several years.

    The advantage they have is that the region will be at Pulaski this year. I still don't think this puts them on par with the top 3 teams.
    Nevermind. Almost forgot about Wayne County.

    I think the additions make Pulaski County #4 at least. Wayne County is #3 based on their reputation and I think that is fair.

  11. #56
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyking2534 View Post
    Region would be a stretch...they will compete for a district title with casey. In no way to the clear cut favorite. Casey frontline is huge with two veteran high scoring guards running the show. Also IMO the biggest sleeper in DJ White. I believe 1-5 in the 12th has a chance this year, I truly don't believe anyone is so head and shoulders over everyone like last year.
    I think Mercer County and Southwestern are the top two teams without question. Having seen Mercer County play more than once already I can sway that they have improved a ton already and depending on their schedule they may end up a top 20 team in the state. I can see Southwestern being ranked also since Butt and Fitzgerald are still there.

    I think the next tier has Casey County, Pulaski County and Wayne County in it with some other unknowns capable of landing in that tier.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I think Mercer County and Southwestern are the top two teams without question. Having seen Mercer County play more than once already I can sway that they have improved a ton already and depending on their schedule they may end up a top 20 team in the state. I can see Southwestern being ranked also since Butt and Fitzgerald are still there.

    I think the next tier has Casey County, Pulaski County and Wayne County in it with some other unknowns capable of landing in that tier.
    The problem Southwestern is going to have is size. With the loss of Gaskins they have a guard heavy team. Those guards are very good but there will be some questions against good teams with big men. I think Wayne is going to be as good as Southwestern. It's going to be another good year in the 48th district watching those to teams play each other.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    197

    I agree with SHS, southwest will miss gaskins a lot! Issacs too, he brought a toughness to that team! And unless you're just flat out anti-Casey County, you have to think that as of now they have the best team in the 47th. They return everyone, and I hear they will be starting 5'10, 6'2, 6'4, 6'5, and 6'6.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    456

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I agree with SHS, southwest will miss gaskins a lot! Issacs too, he brought a toughness to that team! And unless you're just flat out anti-Casey County, you have to think that as of now they have the best team in the 47th. They return everyone, and I hear they will be starting 5'10, 6'2, 6'4, 6'5, and 6'6.
    Did they not lose two players that got some quality minutes?

  15. #60
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by SHS Future View Post
    The problem Southwestern is going to have is size. With the loss of Gaskins they have a guard heavy team. Those guards are very good but there will be some questions against good teams with big men. I think Wayne is going to be as good as Southwestern. It's going to be another good year in the 48th district watching those to teams play each other.
    I was impressed with the size by their JV team last year. I'm thinking they'll be fine inside but I guess we'll see.

Top