2015-16 12th Region

Page 3 of I guess it's going to be a later start at Danville. My first thought on the Ads...no size. Advertisement Jun 4, 15, 05:21 PM #62 Wireman View Prof... 217 comments | 35823 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Landon Powell, Lincoln Powell and Daniel Coldiron are at Pulaski now. All have been playing summer basketball with the Maroons.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Are Butt and Fitzgerald still at Southwestern?

  3. #33
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by SHS Future View Post
    Landon Powell, Lincoln Powell and Daniel Coldiron are at Pulaski now. All have been playing summer basketball with the Maroons.
    What year are all three of them and does this make Pulaski County top 3 in the region now?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    197

    Powells will be juniors, coldiron a senior. Honestly all Pc is getting is one proven player (so far) in Landon Powell, solid no doubt, but not enough to catapult them into the top 3. People forget that they lost both Shaun Ross and Blake Burton, and replacing them will be tough. Casey County is still my favorite for 47th district.

  5. #35
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,552

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Powells will be juniors, coldiron a senior. Honestly all Pc is getting is one proven player (so far) in Landon Powell, solid no doubt, but not enough to catapult them into the top 3. People forget that they lost both Shaun Ross and Blake Burton, and replacing them will be tough. Casey County is still my favorite for 47th district.
    Don't forget that Pulaski County also has Treyvon Sylvester. IMO he is one of the top juniors on the region and he could very well earn a statewide reputation by the end of the summer.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Are Butt and Fitzgerald still at Southwestern?
    Yes, they are still at Southwestern.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,115

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Don't forget that Pulaski County also has Treyvon Sylvester. IMO he is one of the top juniors on the region and he could very well earn a statewide reputation by the end of the summer.
    Treyvon is going to be a very nice player this year. Pulaski will miss Sean Ross next year but with the addition of Landon Powell they will not miss a beat. This is going to be a good Pulaski team this year.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    With the transfers, I put Pulaski at the top of the district and possibly the region.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    150

    Question is can they get cleared to play by Khsaa without a move and if so how?

  10. #40
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by mtn bball View Post
    Question is can they get cleared to play by Khsaa without a move and if so how?
    Of course they can.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    155

    Region would be a stretch...they will compete for a district title with casey. In no way to the clear cut favorite. Casey frontline is huge with two veteran high scoring guards running the show. Also IMO the biggest sleeper in DJ White. I believe 1-5 in the 12th has a chance this year, I truly don't believe anyone is so head and shoulders over everyone like last year.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    With the transfers, I put Pulaski at the top of the district and possibly the region.
    As another poster said above, I'm not sure they've gained as much from these transfers as they lost due to graduation. Probably about break even. If they get eligible, this puts Pulaski in contention for a district title and makes that district solid for the first time in several years.

    The advantage they have is that the region will be at Pulaski this year. I still don't think this puts them on par with the top 3 teams.

  13. #43
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Just found out that Casey County scrimmages Danville today (at Danville). I'm going to try to swing by and check it out.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyking2534 View Post
    Region would be a stretch...they will compete for a district title with casey. In no way to the clear cut favorite. Casey frontline is huge with two veteran high scoring guards running the show. Also IMO the biggest sleeper in DJ White. I believe 1-5 in the 12th has a chance this year, I truly don't believe anyone is so head and shoulders over everyone like last year.

    Not sure if you meant this would be like last year or wouldn't be. There wasn't a team last year that was a clear cut favorite. There were 4 teams that everyone thought had a legit chance to win region, and each one held that "favorite" spot at different times during the year. Then, there were a couple more teams that most felt could beat any one of those 4 teams In a given night.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Just found out that Casey County scrimmages Danville today (at Danville). I'm going to try to swing by and check it out.

    Time?

Top