Page 2 of Okay Central Kentucky folks, give us your thoughts on some of the top teams & players in the 11th Region for next season. LexCath survived this bru... 16 comments | 2071 Views | Go to page 1 →
May 13, 15, 12:42 PM #16
Way too early preseason rankings, but let me know what you think:
- Join Date
- Feb 08
- San Antonio, TX
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Lexington Christian Academy
5. Bryan Station
6. Henry Clay
7. Scott County
8. Madison Central
9. Franklin County
10. Tates Creek
11. Woodford County
*Lots of these rankings are speculation on what the teams have coming back, the size of their schools, etc.
*Of the three, I really want to see what Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian Academy, and Scott County wind up opening the year with.
*I have Lafayette at #2 because they have a ton of seniors, many of which played important roles last season. The way Mendenhall plays so many kids, you know that others will be ready to step up as well.
*With Lexington Catholic, I wonder who steps up and scores for them in half-court situations, especially when they need that "go to" guy.
*For LCA, King, Rode, and a healthy Hill are a solid core.
*Station has two immensely talented kids in Andre Davis and DeAndre Dishman (the latter of which I felt was severely underrated last season), but they lost some huge pieces with Claitt, Walker, and Owsley gone.
*Henry Clay still has Isaiah Tisdale, and Coach Brown has a bit of a knack for exceeding expectations. If a guy like Justin Mitchell is able to step up, that'd be huge for the Devils. They'll likely be a bit of a work in progress through the season, but I've learned not to count them out.Advertisement
May 13, 15, 01:17 PM #17
- Join Date
- Aug 14
I believe these two are head and shoulders above the rest on paper. Dunbar has loads and loads of talent and Lafayette has alot of experienced pieces returning and one of the best young coaches in the state. Coach Mendenhall is a future star. Best coach in the region besides Billy Hicks and Allen Feldhaus.
3. Bryan Station - Dishman and Davis are great players. Dishman is going to have a monster year. My pre-season pick for player of the year. Should top two fall apart, BS could get to RUPP.
4. Scott County - Lots of young talent. On the rise again. Might not be this year but in two years they will be loaded. Like their upside. Billy Hicks is a master.
5. LCA - Rode, King and Hill are a solid nucleus. Wonder how Rode and King will be in new more aggressive/scoring type roles after graduation of a good group. Probably on the rise. Anxious to see how Coach Valentine does in year 2 after having the best team in the history of the school. Can they beat Lafayette or Dunbar in February?
6. Henry Clay - Return some quality. Could be ok with time.
7. Madison Central - Great coaching and soft district. Lock for region tourney where anything can happen.
8. Lexington Catholic - ???? biggest question mark for me. Lost great group to graduation. Return very little experience. Probably too low at 8 but can they beat Lafayette or Dunbar in February?
9. Woodford - really respect the coach. good young group. a few years away I would guess.
I agree with you Joker, lot of this depends on where some of these kids end up going to school....
Last edited by sparksfor3; May 13, 15 at 01:35 PM.