2015-16 10th Region

Page 8 of Our Brossart Mustangs have every right to improve. We have the potential to have 8 seniors on the roster, many of which saw varsity action this past se... 187 comments | 29546 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    How does everyone see the 10th now that we know a little more about what the rosters will look like?

    My top 5 teams are:

    1. Campbell County
    2. Montgomery County
    3. Scott
    4. Paris
    5. Augusta

    * I feel good about the top 4. The #5 spot is really hard. I chose Augusta because I think they return the most talent, albeit with a new coach. I can see Pendleton County here, but the loss of leading scorer Antrobus will hurt. I can also see Mason County here, but I need to see those young players before I can put them at #5 . I look for a lot of parity in the Region this year, without much separation between teams 4-10 or so.


    Top 5 Players:

    1. Matt Wilson - Campbell County
    2. Austin Crawford - Bracken County
    3. Jake Ohmer - Scott
    4. Koebe Garrard - Paris
    5. Caswell Fuller - Montgomery County

    Wilson is clearly #1 in my mind. Crawford & Ohmer you can order either way IMO. I chose Austin because I think he's a better all-around player, while Jake is a better scorer. Garrard is a man-child, while Fuller is an outstanding point guard. I think you can make an argument for Pig Williams at #5 , but I gave the nod to Fuller.

    Top 5 teams look good. I think Pendleton/Mason could slide in there, but not at the moment.

    As far as players, I'm thinking Art Walker deserves some consideration for top 5. Might have him in over Koebbe. I really think by year's end Donate Allen will be in that mix as well.
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    Top 5 teams look good. I think Pendleton/Mason could slide in there, but not at the moment.

    As far as players, I'm thinking Art Walker deserves some consideration for top 5. Might have him in over Koebbe. I really think by year's end Donate Allen will be in that mix as well.
    Good call, didn't think of them.

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    190

    Is there a better pure shooter in the region than Art Walker? Everytime I saw him shoot last year I assumed it was in.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by MorganRaider View Post
    Is there a better pure shooter in the region than Art Walker? Everytime I saw him shoot last year I assumed it was in.
    no, there isn't. The kid is money.

  5. #110
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,854

    Last year's All-Region teams, as voted by the coaches (returning players in bold):

    1st Team - Dorian Henry - Mason County; Trent Thompson - Harrison County; Matt Wilson - Campbell County; Damion King - Clark County; Austin Crawford - Bracken County

    2nd Team - Koebe Garrard - Paris; Deondre Jackson - Campbell County; Jake Ohmer - Scott; Camryn Snapp - Augusta; Caswell Fuller - Montgomery County; Michael Antrobus - Pendleton County

    3rd Team - Andrew Sticklen - St. Patrick; Antwavon Williams - Mason County; Conner Maddox - Augusta; D.J. Jenkins - Harrison County; Blake Schneider - Scott, Tyler Newton - Nicholas County; Landon Sexton - Bourbon County

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    Everyone is sleeping on Jerryd Jones at Montgomery.

  7. #112
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,854

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Everyone is sleeping on Jerryd Jones at Montgomery.
    He's a good player and will help Montgomery County, but I'd have hard time placing him in the Top 10 pre-season. But I wish the kid the best in proving me wrong.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    626

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ View Post
    Everyone is sleeping on Jerryd Jones at Montgomery.
    is Montgomery a new school for Jerryd?

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardITP View Post
    is Montgomery a new school for Jerryd?
    Yes. Was at GRC last year.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    27

    Not a whole lot of love for Bourbon County and Coach Sosby on here. If they are not in top 10, I would put them at 11 with an eye on them. Coach has them going in the right direction.

  11. #116

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    962

    So where do my GRC Cardinals rank?

    Some of you must have them in the 12 to 16 range in the 10th!

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    962

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Last year's All-Region teams, as voted by the coaches (returning players in bold):

    1st Team - Dorian Henry - Mason County; Trent Thompson - Harrison County; Matt Wilson - Campbell County; Damion King - Clark County; Austin Crawford - Bracken County

    2nd Team - Koebe Garrard - Paris; Deondre Jackson - Campbell County; Jake Ohmer - Scott; Camryn Snapp - Augusta; Caswell Fuller - Montgomery County; Michael Antrobus - Pendleton County

    3rd Team - Andrew Sticklen - St. Patrick; Antwavon Williams - Mason County; Conner Maddox - Augusta; D.J. Jenkins - Harrison County; Blake Schneider - Scott, Tyler Newton - Nicholas County; Landon Sexton - Bourbon County
    Stats from 2014-2015 for returning players

    Matt Wilson 14.6 ppg 11.3 rpg
    Austin Crawford 24.1 ppg 9.7 rpg

    Koebe Garrard 19 ppg 8 rpg
    Jake Ohmer 22.2 ppg 4.2 rpg
    Camryn Snapp 15.8 ppg 8.1 rpg
    Caswell Fuller 11 ppg 2.2 rpg

    Antwavon Williams 9.8 ppg 4.2 rpg
    Conner Maddox 18.3 ppg 2.2 rpg

  13. #118
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC Reporter View Post
    So where do my GRC Cardinals rank?
    6-10 Range with a host of other schools. Who is coming back? Last I had heard is they have a wealth of guards but lost a couple to transfer?

  14. #119
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,854

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC Reporter View Post
    So where do my GRC Cardinals rank?

    Some of you must have them in the 12 to 16 range in the 10th!
    Preseason, the absolute highest I would put them is 8 & the absolute lowest 11.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC Reporter View Post
    Stats from 2014-2015 for returning players

    Matt Wilson 14.6 ppg 11.3 rpg
    Austin Crawford 24.1 ppg 9.7 rpg

    Koebe Garrard 19 ppg 8 rpg
    Jake Ohmer 22.2 ppg 4.2 rpg
    Camryn Snapp 15.8 ppg 8.1 rpg
    Caswell Fuller 11 ppg 2.2 rpg

    Antwavon Williams 9.8 ppg 4.2 rpg
    Conner Maddox 18.3 ppg 2.2 rpg
    Fuller also averaged over 7 assists per game.

Top