14th Region Week 6 Review
1) Hazard (12-2): The Bulldogs have added one championship to they're resume once this season and they added another one this past weekend when they won the 14th Region All "A" Classic. They picked up wins over Wolfe County 54-51, Cordia 49-42 and Knott County Central in the championship game 62-54. The Bulldogs will advance to the all "a" classic state tournament at EKU's McBrayer Arena where they will tip off against the 7th region winner between Kentucky Country Day and Louisville Collegiate. Hazard has two games this week, both against district opponents. They will travel crosstown to take on the Perry County Central Commodores on Tuesday and host Buckhorn on Friday.
2) Knott County Central (12-4): The Patriots picked up 3 wins last week to extend they're win streak out to 6 games but that win streak was snapped when they fell 62-54 to Hazard in the championship game of the 14th Region All "A" Classic. Knott County Central will host Cordia on Thursday for they're lone game of the week.
3) Wolfe County (11-3): Wolfe County split both of they're games last week, defeating Owsley County 59-53 but falling to Hazard 54-51. Both took place in the 14th Region All "A" Classic. Wolfe County will be on the road this week, traveling to Beattyville on Tuesday to take on Lee County and on Friday traveling to Oneida Baptist Institute.
4) Estill County (10-5): The Engineers seen they're three game win streak snapped last week when they lost they're only game of the week, 50-46 on the road at Woodford County. Estill County will be home this week, hosting Southwestern on Tuesday and district foe, Powell County on Friday.
5) Cordia (7-10): The Lion's woes continue as they have now lost 4 of they're last 6 games including both games last week. They defeated Breathitt County 74-68 but fell to Hazard 49-42 both in the 14th Region All "A" Classic. Cordia will be on the road this week, at Buckhorn on Tuesday, Knott County Central on Thursday and Lincoln County (at Southwestern Iron Warrior Classic) on Saturday.
6) Perry County Central (4-12): The Commodores struggles continue as they have now dropped 6 of they're last 7 games. 3 of those losses came last week when they fell to Knox Central 73-67, Harlan County 81-64 and Wayne County 80-64. All were at home. Perry County Central will have two home games this week and one road game. Home hosting Hazard on Tuesday, on the road at Leslie County on Thursday and at home on Saturday hosting North Laurel.
7) Breathitt County (5-8): The woes continue for Breathitt County as they have dropped 3 of they're last 4 games. They picked up a 73-67 win over Leslie County but fell 74-68 to Cordia. This week doesn't get much easier for the Bobcats as they will host Leslie County on Tuesday and on the road at Jackson City on Thursday and on the road at George Rogers Clark on Saturday.
8) Buckhorn (6-8): The Wildcats have hit a snag, dropping 3 of they're last 4 games. Buckhorn edged out Jackson City 65-63 but fell 61-51 to Knott County Central. Both in the 14th Region All "A" Classic. Buckhorn will host Cordia on Tuesday and on the road at Hazard on Friday.
9) Leslie County (4-9): After a rough start to the season, the Eagles seemingly have been playing better as of late, winning 3 of they're last 4. Leslie County dropped they're only game of the week last week to the same team they will face Tuesday, Breathitt County 73-67. Leslie County will host Perry County Central on Thursday and be on the road at Pike County Central on Saturday.
10) Owsley County (6-6): After a 1-4 start to the season, the Owls have gone 5-2 since. Owsley County will have 3 straight district games but two this week and one next week. They will host Powell County on Tuesday and travel to Lee County on Friday.
11) Jackson City (5-10): With the two losses last week to Buckhorn 65-63 and St. Patrick 67-56, have now ran they're losing streak to 5 straight and have now lost 8 of they're last 9 games. The Tigers will be on the road this week at Breathitt County on Thursday and Jenkins on Friday.
12) Letcher County Central (3-9): Since winning they're last two games of December, the Cougars have dropped they're last 3 since.
13) Powell County (3-10): The Pirates have lost 4 straight and 6 of they're last 7 games.That's not good for the defending 56th champions.
14) Lee County (3-10): The Bobcats defeated June Buchanan 76-64 last week to snap a 6 game losing streak.
15) June Buchanan (0-8): The Crusaders are still searching for that first win. When will it come?