11th Region Rankings for the week of February 8th
1. Dunbar Beat Tates Creek by 29 and survived Louisville Central at the Jock Sutherland Classic. They finish district play against Lexington Catholic on Tuesday before playing Henry Clay Thursday and travelling to Taylor County on Saturday.
2. Scott County The Cards dropped a close one to Bryan Station before beating Henry Clay and demolishing Fern Creek. They are off until they host Grant County on Friday.
3. Henry Clay They beat Madison Central by 10 before dropping a close one to Scott County to finish district play, despite 40 points from Pun Tisdale. The Blue Devils are sitting at 21-5 and host Dunbar Thursday and take on North Hardin on Saturday at Nicholas County.
4. Lafayette Lost to Catholic by 7 and LCA by 29 before redeeming themselves by ending Mercer Countys winning streak. Im not sold on Lafayette making it to the region. They host Bryan Station before hitting the road to Louisville Trinity on Friday.
5. Lexington Catholic Winners of 3 in a row and 5 of their last 6, Catholic appears to be peaking at the right time. They will go down Man O War and face Dunbar before hosting LCA and Clay County to finish the week.
6. Madison Central Losses to Lincoln County and Henry Clay leave the Indians at 14-10 heading into the last 2 weeks of the regular season. They host Cordia and Franklin County before taking on Wayne County on Saturday.
7. Lexington Christian The Eagles are riding a bona fide winning streak after defeating Holy Cross and obliterating Lafayette last week. They have a 3 game week with Tates Creek, Lexington Catholic and Boyle County all on the schedule this week.
8. Madison Southern 2-1 last week with wins over Somerset and Tates Creek before falling to Lexington Catholic. They hit the district draw lottery and have been all but guaranteed a trip to region after playing Berea. They play Bourbon County and Western Hills this week and shoot have a good shot at getting to 17-11 on the year.
9. Bryan Station Beat Scott County before losing to Paris and Bullitt East. They move up because the Scott County win is more quality than any of the teams below them have on their resume. They go to Lafayette and host Tates Creek this week.
10. Woodford County Beat Model by a million before losing to Bourbon County. This team continues to be up and down all year. They host West Jessamine before hitting the road to Mercer County on Friday.
11. Franklin County Winners of 3 games last week. The Flyers beat Sayre, Bourbon County and Whitefield Academy to get to 12-11 on the season. They play Christian Academy Louisville and Madison Central this week.
12. Frankfort Still wildly inconsistent at this point in the year. These Panthers went 1-2 last week and play Collins and Pulaski County this week.
13. Model Went 0-3 last week and lost all 3 by double digits. The district draw did them no favors as they have to play Madison Central to get to the regional. They play Danville and Robertson County as they start to wind down the regular season.
14. Western Hills Beat Berea and lost to Paris. Games against Madison Southern and Nelson County offer them the chance to improve their record as they head into the postseason.
15. Tates Creek Move up by virtue of their win over Sayre in OT last week. They await a play in game against LCA in the 43rd district tournament in a couple weeks. They actually play LCA on Tuesday and go to Ryle and Bryan Station later in the week.
16. Sayre Poor Jake Duby. Had 42 against Tates Creek, and 31 against Nicholas County. Now averaging 25 PPG on the year. Hell have opportunities to improve his totals against Bethlehem and Wolfe County this week.
17. Berea Lost by double figures to Western Hills and Nicholas County last week but do have opportunities to win over Bath County, the Kentucky School for the Deaf and Estill County this week.
41st: (1) Woodford County v. (4) Western Hills
(2) Franklin County v. (3) Frankfort
42nd: (1) Scott County v. (4) Sayre
(2) Henry Clay v. (3) Bryan Station
43rd: (4) LCA v. (5) Tates Creek
(1) Dunbar v. Either LCA or Tates Creek
(2) Lafayette v. (3) Lexington Catholic
44th: Madison Southern v. Berea
Madison Central v. Model