1. Dunbar – Beat Lafayette by 31 and Bryan Station by 30 to get to 19-4 on the season. Games against Tates Creek and Louisville Central don’t figure to challenge the Bulldogs this week.
2. Scott County – 22-2 going into February is probably far exceeding Billy Hicks’ expectations. Big week ahead as they go to Bryan Station, host Henry Clay and play Fern Creek at Franklin County.
3. Henry Clay – Toppled Louisville Trinity by 10 on the road and beat Lafayette by 22 at home to cap a great week for the Devils. They host Ballard and Madison Central this week before hitting the road to Scott County.
4. Lafayette – Double figure losses to Henry Clay and Dunbar are very ugly marks on an otherwise good season to this point. They’ll try to bounce back this week against Lexington Catholic, LCA and Mercer County this week.
5. Madison Central – Lost to Southwestern by 5 to start the week but their win over Trinity and a win over Tates Creek are enough to move the Indians up in the rankings.
6. Lexington Catholic – Lost on the road at Perry County Central before beating Tates Creek in a district game. They hit the road and go to Lafayette before a home date with Madison Southern on Thursday.
7. Lexington Christian – These Eagles were soundly beaten by Newport Central Catholic in the first round of the All A state tournament. Currently sitting at 5-7 in the region and 1-5 in the district, I’ve probably got them ranked too high. But I figure they can beat everyone below them.
8. Madison Southern – Lost to Male, Rockcastle County and Montgomery County to go 0-3 on the week. But they are 13-10 heading down the stretch and can easily make the region.
9. Woodford County – 2-0 on the week with double digit wins over Collins and Frankfort. Should be favored over Model and Bourbon County this week.
10. Bryan Station – DeAndre Dishman has returned but the Defenders still seem lifeless. They barely edged Sayre before getting blown out by Dunbar and losing at Taylor County. It’s now or never for this team. They face Scott County, Paris and Bullitt East this week.
11. Model – Lost to Bourbon County and Paris. Beat Robertson County by 36. They’re 11-12 with 6 games left and a chance to finish regular season .500 or better.
12. Frankfort – This team makes no sense. They got rolled by Woodford County by 21 to finish regular season district play at 3-3. They visit Shelby County, Anderson County and play Whitefield Academy at Franklin County this week.
13. Franklin County – 4-2 in their district. These young Flyers can go 3-0 this week against Whitefield Academy, Bourbon County and Sayre.
14. Western Hills – Losers of 2 out of 3 last week, they beat Trimble County before losing to Shelby County and Franklin County. They play Anderson County, Berea and Paris this week.
15. Sayre – Losers of 7 in a row now, the Spartans appear to be just killing time until losing in the first round of the district and ending their season. They can still get a few wins in the regular season but that’s probably about it.
16. Tates Creek – Losers of 6 in a row, they are only 3-16. They do have a date with Sayre on Monday. They also go to Madison Southern and to Dunbar this week.
17. Berea – Made a liar out of me by winning 2 in a row last week against Jackson County and Lynn Camp. Nicholas County and Western Hills offer two more potential wins. They may get out of the 11th region basement before the season ends.