View Poll Results: Who wins?
- 8. You may not vote on this poll
Jan 4, 18, 10:19 PM #1
#10 Oldham County / South Oldham predictions#10 Oldham County (13-1) travels 5 miles down highway 146 to Crestwood, KY to tangle with South Oldham (9-5) in a key 29th district showdown.
Key players to watch as two 8th region player of the year contenders square off:
Jackson Gibson, Oldham County 17.6 ppg 58.3% overall FG 33.3% three pointers 76.9% FT
Devin Young, South Oldham 22.4 ppg 48.0% overall FG 41/96 threes 42.7% 81.9% FT
Oldham County 52.9% overall FG 33.7% threes (64 made) 66.3% FT
72.6 points per game
51.7 points allowed / game
South Oldham 45.9% overall FG 33.5% Threes (122 made) 72.9% FT
65.5 allowed / game
Broadcast live video begins about 7:45 pm The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN
I'll post updates as I can from the gym.
Jan 4, 18, 10:38 PM #2
The first half will be close, then OC pulls away to a 12 point win. The SO 3 point game will fall to the OC balance.
- Join Date
- Dec 17
Jan 5, 18, 08:07 AM #3Keys matchups include:
- shooting. Both teams shoot the ball well. Who does it better tonight?
- South Oldham guards vs. the Oldham County press.
- Can Oldham County inside players - Henderson / Larimore / Harper - control the backboard against a taller South team, but a South team where the taller players are mostly perimeter players?
- South defense versus playmaking abilities of Jackson Gibson. Steve Simpson has employed a number of defenses every season, and this year is no different. Expect the Dragons to mix it up to try to keep Gibson guessing.
- Oldham defense against sharpshooter Devin Young. Nobody has really stopped this senior this year. Will the Colonels allow defensive ace Andre Brewer to try to man him up, or use a combination of help defense?
- Intensity. Over the years, one thing that has been a constant in this crazy rivalry has been this: The team that comes out the most focused/intense right out of the blocks has often won the game. Who does that tonight?
The matchups are going to be fun to watch.
Jan 5, 18, 10:42 AM #4
Saw Oldham County wipe the floor with John Hardin a few weeks back. They are the real deal. Any team that beats them has my respect.
- Join Date
- Oct 12