Open Job: Mason County

  1. #1
    UK Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    345

    Open Job: Mason County

    Per the Ledger Independent's Jared MacDonald on Twitter:

    "Mason County High School has an immediate opening for head baseball coach, per co-athletic director Chris Ullery, who says the Mason County Athletic Department will have no further comment."

    Outgoing coach Tom Posey went 116-90-1 in seven seasons.

    Royals looking for new baseball coach | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Gotta open up those PE positions for basketball coaches.

  3. #3
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,142

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Gotta open up those PE positions for basketball coaches.
    If he has been a PE teacher for the same amount of time then he will still be there as a teacher.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    If he has been a PE teacher for the same amount of time then he will still be there as a teacher.
    He has been a PE teacher in the district for more than the 15 years I have known him.

  5. #5
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,142

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    He has been a PE teacher in the district for more than the 15 years I have known him.
    Then his PE job won’t be open.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    96

    Good luck to Coach Posey. He is one of the really good guys in the coaching field. He definitely deserved better. Guy lives and breathes baseball. Good Luck coach!

  7. #7
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,005

    Quote Originally Posted by coach gray View Post
    Good luck to Coach Posey. He is one of the really good guys in the coaching field. He definitely deserved better. Guy lives and breathes baseball. Good Luck coach!
    You make it sound like he got fired. Do you know that to be true? Cause I don't.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    california,ky
    Posts
    179

    As per a email i saw....yes!

  9. #9
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,005

    Because of the no comment deal? I thought that was a little strange.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    He got let go. Sure he won district champions in a bad district with 3 All A schools, Augusta, St Pat, and Bracken County. Bracken County winning district in 2012 and 2015. I think Mason County has severely underachieved with Posey as the head coach. Having two Division 1 pitchers and not winning a game in the region, and getting swept by Bracken County in 2015 isn't acceptable for Mason County standards. Coaching for 7 seasons and won only one game in the region, with over 20 kids going to play college baseball.

  11. #11
    HoopsJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by One Great Scorer View Post
    He got let go. Sure he won district champions in a bad district with 3 All A schools, Augusta, St Pat, and Bracken County. Bracken County winning district in 2012 and 2015. I think Mason County has severely underachieved with Posey as the head coach. Having two Division 1 pitchers and not winning a game in the region, and getting swept by Bracken County in 2015 isn't acceptable for Mason County standards. Coaching for 7 seasons and won only one game in the region, with over 20 kids going to play college baseball.
    Mason Co has only won 3 region games since 2006.

    Seems like he coached right up to par.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 18
    Posts
    29

    Who will be the next coach?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 18
    Posts
    29

    Have heard that Kevin Mcclanahan is high on a lot of people's list.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    714

    Heard from a booster they reached out to Scooter Charles, former Bracken Coach... not 100% sure but this source says they are gunning for him.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 18
    Posts
    29

    Scooter Charles??? Developed who???

Top